General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Story in The Sun.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 11 Oct 2004 14:49

Normally we get The Sun for a daily dose of useless but entertaining news.Today though,I felt physiaclly sick when I read the piece on the last moments of Ken Bigley where they described the footage of a video depicting his last moments of life and his barbaric murder and how it happened.I felt that there was no need to write about this and describe it in such detail.It was such an awful end to the mans life and although we were all aware how it happened,we dont,I feel need this graphic detail.What do you think?

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 14:53

haven't read it, and won't be doing so. I agree with you - there's no need for such a level of detail, it's just sensationalism. All this after the family specifically requested that the press resepect their privacy ?

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 14:53

I don't read the tabloids because I think their coverage of the news is gratuitous and sensationalist, and I rarely read newspapers/watch news bulletins because they are full of upsetting stories. nell

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Oct 2004 14:54

haven't read it either.... won't buy it as the paper is just a load of tosh with no respect for the people it hurts..... aargghhh!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 14:55

I only read the sports pages normally, honest ! lol

Tracey

Tracey Report 11 Oct 2004 15:05

Paul that wouldn't be the Sunday Sport would it. LOL !!! They should respect the families wishes. I saw the article too but never read it. We don't need reminding of the despicable way that he lost his life. RIP Ken.

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 11 Oct 2004 15:06

Do they have an email address?? Lets all email the editor of the paper to voice our disgust at the article!

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Oct 2004 15:11

the papers i feel go into detail to sell more papers which is wrong.his family i would feel would not want to read such graphic details about his death.xxx):

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 15:14

Tracey wash your mind out lol Actually I *do* mainly read the sports pages of the sun (usually at work, someone else buys it), I skim through the rest