General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fathers For Justice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 11 Oct 2004 21:21

Just seen them on C4 climb a building. Police and fire service are called. The two climbers escape and the firemen and police are jeered by the other protestors. Who else feels rather annoyed that the taxpayer is paying for the public services to be sent out to these people just to be laughed at? I wonder if anyone died whilst the fire brigade were busy dealing with these protestors?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Oct 2004 21:28

I sympathise fully with those single parents who are unable to get access to their children, it must be heart breaking. Unfortunately i have read a lot about the ring leader of fathers' for Justice that leads me to believe he is not entirely blameless. I certainly don't think it is going to gain them anything by causing major disruption. and, yes Dan I do object to a)my taxes being used to pay for this and b)for using the emergency services when they could well be needed elsewhere. Ann Glos

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 11 Oct 2004 21:29

You pay tax? I think they have a right to get their point across, however they do go to rather extremes. But in some cases this is the only way you can be heard. When I was in Bristol, they climbed the Clifton Suspension Bridge and caused havoc there. It was their first protest. They got noticed, didn't they? Sadly people don't get noticed if all they do is march etc. They're not killing anyone. They've actually made people aware of how crap the security in some places is. I pay tax, yes it is annoying that it is being used for that reason. But whate about prank calls made to the emergency services, people who could find work but just can't be bothered (a minority), people who claim benefits under false pretenses. Tax is wasted all the time, not just on Fathers For Justice. Fathers should be taken more seriously in custody cases.

Daniel

Daniel Report 11 Oct 2004 21:32

No I don't tax (yet) But everyone else on here does. The documentry is on C4 now by the way.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 22:13

I have every sympathy with fathers fighting for access to their children .... but apart from getting 'noticed' or 'arrested' what good have they done their cause? And one of them has access to one of his four children (by three different mothers) but doesn't have time to see him because he is so busy with his Batman activities. It does concern me that people's lives are at risk when the emergency services are dealing with Batman & co - the services are stretched enough as it is. Mandy :(

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 11 Oct 2004 22:34

Alas it takes this kind of action to be noticed and talked about, hence this thread. Of course they should get a fair hearing and whilst mothers put themselves on a pedistal and think they are the main stay in a childs life just because biologicaly they carried and gave birth to them, and men back this mythe up then you will never change society. Keep with the fight DADS (from a none maternal female) Pat.

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 11 Oct 2004 22:37

Oh and by the way I have worked full time since the age of 15 (34 yrs) without a break :)

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 11 Oct 2004 22:38

So paid a lot of tax :)

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 12 Oct 2004 17:30

Sorry Daniel. I was in a bad mood last night and I didn't mean to more or less attack you and belittle you with my message 'you pay tax'. Tax money is wasted all the time, sadly there's not much that can be done about it, and it's not just by Fathers For Justice. Perhaps it's the only want they can get noticed is by causing havoc?

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Oct 2004 18:49

It's alright Chole. I didn't take offence. (However, I do pay VAT if that counts?)

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Oct 2004 19:01

I agree dads do get raw deals sometimes. In this day & age both parents should get equal rights (all depending on the situation) But alough I applaud them for getting their plight noticed (and raising awareness in the house of commons & Buck house security) I think that yes, our emergancy resources are stretched far too much, someone could have fell to their deaths from buck house or a bridge, leaving their children without a father forever. Elaine x

Fee

Fee Report 12 Oct 2004 19:31

Hi Daniel, I am the partner of a man who is denied access to his two children by an ex-wife who broke their marriage up by committing adultery and who believes that he should play no part in their lives.She has nicely replaced him with a new model who assisted her in their marriage break-up and calls himself daddy.He has went down the legal path to gain contact but may well have not bothered,a couple of letters a year was all he was granted.I prefer doing things by the book but believe me,the courts are not in any way sympathetic.These men are trying to gain awareness and to an extent,it is working but the men involved seem to have a few skeletons in their cupboards which compromises their integrity.They are also compromising the effectiveness of the emergency services by calling them away from 'real' emergencies. Wasting tax payers money? yes.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2004 20:10

I'm also the partner of a man who has been denied access to his children for the past 3 years, quite simply because the mother got pissed off when he met me and we had our children. Since then we have done everything in our legal power to gain access to those little ones for him but we keep hitting brick walls. Just as we think we're getting somewhere, she moves house, changes her phone number, gets a new solicitor, so we have to start from square one when we eventually track her down. We pay over £300 to the CSA for those children because she can't possibly get a job so claims income support (the kids are 9 and 7 so WHY she can't get a job, god knows) yet he isn't allowed to see them cos she says so. I think what Fathers for Justice are doing trying to bring the flaws in the system into the public eye is brilliant. Granted, a little extreme at times, but 100% necessary cos no-one listens. It's automatically assumed that when a couple split the mother should keep the children, she gets the ultimate say so in contact between the children and the father (no-one in 3 years has asked those children whether they WANT to see their dad) and I have to sit here watching him in pieces every Christmas, every birthday when he can't see them and can't even send them a card cos, yet again, we don't know where they are.

Fee

Fee Report 12 Oct 2004 20:20

I see Alyson that we are in the same boat,doesnt want ex-husband but doesnt want anyone to have him either.We have a little boy and he has a urological problem and she found out and taunts me that she had two healthy children.She moves house,changes telephone number etc.etc.The list is endless but it all comes down to the same thing,failure of the system to bring her into line.We also are in financial difficulty because of her claim for child support which is effectively one third of my husbands wage and she works and her new husband works,the life of reilly while we struggle.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2004 20:22

Absolutely. The lies she has told to keep him away...she claims that we threatened to kill her, made nuisance phone calls, threatened to snatch the children. She's been involved with a whole host of men since they split up (which wasn't because of me...felt I should add that!) so god knows what effect that's having on the children. The system is ludicrous and needs seriously bringing into the 21st century

Fee

Fee Report 12 Oct 2004 20:30

Sorry for hijacking the thread and personalising it but it is a subject very close to my heart.I am thankful for what Ive got but will always want justice and fairness and will fight for what I believe in.