General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHILDREN ARE .......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

T J

T J Report 11 Oct 2004 22:35

Amazing - Acknowledge Them Believable - Trust them Childlike - Allow them Divine - Honour Them Energetic - Nourish Them Fallible - Embrace them Gifts - Treasure Them Here Now - Be With Them Innocent - Delight With Them Joyful - Appreciate Them Kindhearted - Learn From Them Lovable - Cherish them Magical - Fly With Them Noble - Esteem them Open Minded - Respect Them Precious - Value Them Questioners - Encourage Them Resourceful - Support Them Spontaneous - Enjoy Them Talented - Believe In Them Unique - Affirm Them Vulnerable - Protect Them Whole - Recognize Them Xtra-Special - Celebrate Them Yearning - Notice Them Zany - Laugh With Them Author - Meiji Stewart

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 12 Oct 2004 23:38

Children are your future. Len

Joy

Joy Report 12 Oct 2004 23:43

a blessing, and a privilege. Joy

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Oct 2004 08:01

Still living here!!! We've been married 33 years and have had children in the house for 31 years now. Our youngest was 13 when her nephew,our grandson, now aged 9 was born and he has lived here since then too. We love them dearly, and yes I agree with Len and Joy but just sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have more space and just have them all to visit.

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 09:12

Yes, a privilege. Being a parent is a lifelong 'job' (my mum still worries about me even though I'm 40!) but my son is a blessing. He was premature and very poorly but is now a strapping 6'1" teenager - and our pride and joy. Mandy :)

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 09:20

they can also be a pain in the a*** Bev

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 09:22

Oh yes, that as well Bev!! And why do they have to grunt, shrug, curl their lip, sneer ..... ??

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 09:24

and huff, mandy don't forget the 'huff' Bev

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 09:29

I mean thinking about it they cost the earth they wreck you home they treat you like slaves they know better than you about everything they treat the place like a hotel they think the family car is a personal taxi with chauffer thrown in they think you are an embarressment in front of their mates and we have to say nothing and be nice to them just because they will be choosing the nursing home one day! remind me...................why did i have them???????? Bev

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 13 Oct 2004 09:53

Wonderful

Joy

Joy Report 13 Oct 2004 09:54

Goodness, what my parents had to cope with!!! Joy

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 10:16

LOL Bev! But when that strapping great teenage grunting boy says 'come on mum, I know you want a hug really' then don't you just melt and forgive them anything?

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 10:22

Yes Mandy i do! thats the trouble, he knows it!!!!!! lol Bev

**Linda

**Linda Report 13 Oct 2004 10:58

Wonderful Loving they melt your heart......my mum had a saying....you carry them 9 months inside....3 years in your arms ....and forever in your heart

T J

T J Report 13 Oct 2004 19:12

So we all agree then, we would never be without them. !!!!!!

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 19:13

my gran used to say when they are little they make your arms ache and when their bigger they make your heart ache Bev

Daniel

Daniel Report 13 Oct 2004 19:30

Children are great. I went to school with em.

Angela

Angela Report 13 Oct 2004 19:33

Other peoples' children are great because you can say goodbye at the end of the day and go home to relax with a glass of wine. I love mine (5 and 3), but they don't give me any peace day or night. Angela