General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what else do we have to put up with??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lucky

Lucky Report 12 Oct 2004 00:22

I really have had just about enough. After the fiasco of the neighbour blaring out folk music at 3.15am onwards the other morning, the mad fence woman doing my head in. She has got another dog. The last one died a fortnight ago after eating a stone. This afternoon another one appeared the same as the one that died but a puppy. It had been barking in there for the last 45 minutes non stop. We had all this last year with the other one. Why doesn't she shut it up. It's doing my head in. She'll have it upstairs in bed with her later on and I'll have to listen to the blasted thing all night. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 12 Oct 2004 02:25

put a cd on make it play over and over again with the same song and go out for the day see how they like it (try the song she drives me crazy by the fine young cannibels)maybe she will get the message

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 12 Oct 2004 07:25

Surely Diane, someone can help, you'll end up making yourself ill, things seem to be going from bad to worse!.

Lucky

Lucky Report 12 Oct 2004 09:31

Well it stopped after an hour non stop barking. I went to bad just going off to sleep and it started again, just a few minutes this time, and now it's doing it again. We had this for weeks last year with the other one. If it keeps up over the next few days, or she goes out for hours, as she does do anyway, and leaves it there on it's own and it starts I'll get the dog warden round. She really is a piece of work, the other dog was only dead a fortnight and she's gone out and got this thing. Some weeks she is out 2 or 3 days, it's a puppy it needs company. How selfish can you be. Diane

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 12 Oct 2004 16:52

Call the RSPCA and report her, but tell them you need to remain anonymous. They should come out and check the puppy over. Maz. XX

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 12 Oct 2004 16:53

where abouts in essex do u live diane??

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 12 Oct 2004 16:57

you should tape the dog barking, then when its quiet in the early hours, play it back through their letter box! x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Oct 2004 16:58

write down dates & time the noise is happening. Keep a record. If you have a camcorder record the noise on that and whatever else is going on. If you have evidence than the environmental health people can help. But keep on phoning them as well when incidents occur. E x

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Oct 2004 16:59

diane have you complained to the council.they must be ablt to do something to stop this.i think i would do time just to get rid of them.LOLxxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 12 Oct 2004 17:02

essex councils arent brilliant for handling complaints, neither are the rspca very good, they will normally do something if the animal is breeding, apart from that the ones in essex are pretty rubbish!!! been all through them!!

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 12 Oct 2004 17:29

Diane, not that I'm an expert or anything (I wish!), but as well as an Environmental Health matter, I'm sure the RSPCA would like to know about it, as has already been mentioned. Especially as it's sometimes left on its own for 2-3 days. Tell them this. They do understand if you want to remain anony ... anony ... unknown, so go on, give 'em a ring! 0845 555 999. Good luck; it must be so annoying, to say the least. Glenys. P.S. - Steedie, just read your reply. Don't know what to suggest.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 12 Oct 2004 17:35

Diane - re RSPCA. I contacted them once over a barking dog, which also sounded in distress and was chained up, they were reluctant to do anything at that point and suggested I contact the local dog warden (based at local council). Council were very helpful and sorted it out - just a thought! Sheila