General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found grave........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 12 Oct 2004 11:38

I found the grave of my gt x 3 grandfather on Sunday, I was most certain that he would of had a stone as he was a stone mason along with his family, the date was 1845 when he died, it was in perfect condition, but when I read under his name it said buried with his wife Elizabeth, so now I am searching again, as that was not his wife that I have it was his first wife, she died 10 years before him, he only had one child with Elizabeth and 5 children with his second wife, I thought it was a bit strange to have been buried with a first wife.........any thoughts

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2004 11:42

Not necessarily strange. My gt grandfather is buried with his first wife. They married in 1890 and she died in 1904. He married again in 1908 and when he died in 1932 he was buried with his first wife (they are my maternal grandmother's parents). This is probably because they'd already bought the grave. His second wife was cremated. nell

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Oct 2004 12:51

We have a chuckle when we go to my husband's Father's grave. He is buried between his two wives! could have given him 'earache'! Ann Glos

Sidami

Sidami Report 12 Oct 2004 15:20

Ann LOL........

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Oct 2004 15:33

Hi Sue i'm pleased you have found the grave, but its not unusual, my grandparents were divorced and are in the same grave. happy hunting sandra

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 12 Oct 2004 17:05

Maybe the 2nd wife remarried and she is with him. Maybe the kids wanted their parents together. Maz XX

Maid Marian of

Maid Marian of Report 12 Oct 2004 18:46

Hello I believe you are from Southsea, I was but now I live abroad. Which cemetery did you search for your ancestor I am looking for my gt grandfathers grave in Highland road cemetery is there some how one can find out info? Regards Marian (ex pompey girl)