General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trial and Retribution

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzy

Suzy Report 12 Oct 2004 11:53

Did anyone see the first episode last night? I really love this programme but forgot to record it when I had to go out! Could some kind sole give me a quick synopsis of what happened so I can watch the second installment tonight. (I know they always do a recap at the beginning, but it's usually too difficult to grasp the plot). Thank you.

Suzy

Suzy Report 12 Oct 2004 13:17

Thanks Linda Will look forward to part two now; although I will record it so I can watch 'Who do you think you are?' on BBC2 at the same time. Bloomin' typical, eh?

Lucky

Lucky Report 12 Oct 2004 13:24

Linda That was a brilliant precis, I started but got lost. As you say Suzi two nights and there is something good on two sides at the same time. Diane

Mags

Mags Report 12 Oct 2004 13:26

A girl falls from a balcony - turns out that she didn't commit suicide but she was hit on the head and chucked over. Flat belongs to her boyfriend who owns the club that Linda said about. Forensic evidence in the flat shows up to 4 sexual partners and there is also a black leather bag with lots of Anne Summers type stuff in it including a black leather mask. Some of the stuff is stuff you could buy today other things a bit old fashioned. There is a hair in the douche. She also keeps a scrap book with press cuttings of her mother's murder - gets referred to often but not sure if it's going to be important. She was involved with the chief of Vice who took her to see the boxed up forensic evidence from her mother's murder, we don't know why. She also went to her mother's sister and collected some stuff including a leather bag, we don't know why. There is a sub plot about the antagonism between DCI Walker and DCI Connor and his attempts to muddy the waters on behalf of the vice bloke, a judge and someone else I can't remember re her mother's murder. DCI Walker meets someone who works at the club that he knew before and 'went back to her place' In the forensic evidence re her mother's murder there is a quilt. That is being re-examined and so far 'stains' on that have turned out to be the same DNA as on the girls pillow in the flat. The vice bloke is invited round to DCI Connor's flat - they row - he hits her. While he is there he admits having a 'relationship' with the girl once a week for ages. Connor takes a glass that he has used for DNA testing strongly believing that he is the murderer in both cases and also (didn't quite grasp this bit) that he may also be the girl's father - motive for the second murder. Just as they discover him hanging DCI Connor turns up to say they had 'lost the motive' the DNA didn't match. Hope this helps - you can ask questions if you like - might jog my memory lol Magsx

Suzy

Suzy Report 12 Oct 2004 13:51

Wow Mags. I won't bother watching tonight; you can just update me tomorrow!! LOL I can't think of any questions, apart from: What happened to Pat, the lady copper who use to live with DSC Walker in all the other series?

Mags

Mags Report 12 Oct 2004 13:53

They had a bust up and Walker moved out to his own flat according to last night! Thanks for the compliments! I keep remembering odd bits - should I add them to the first message or here or is that enough? Magsx

Suzy

Suzy Report 12 Oct 2004 13:55

Cheers Mags.

Mags

Mags Report 12 Oct 2004 14:09

Suzy - I knew I'd get the grades wrong! but at least you knew who I was talking about lol Magsx

Suzy

Suzy Report 12 Oct 2004 14:11

Grades - what grades?

Mags

Mags Report 12 Oct 2004 14:12

Suzy - DCI/DSC Magsx

Suzy

Suzy Report 12 Oct 2004 14:14

I'm not that clever - I looked it up in the tv magazine!