General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any Man Utd obsessives?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 12 Oct 2004 15:19

Last week I went down to the North West Film Archive in Manchester to view footage of 1910 match between Man U and Newcastle to see if my gt grandad was on it. I think he is - theres a player with ears that can ONLY belong in our family - but I could do with getting a copy and putting it onto our video grabbing system at work so it can be slowed down and I can compare it digitally with the photos I have. The archive said they could do me a copy but called back to later to tell me the easiest thing for me to do is buy a copy of the video it features on (fair enough I thought). But they don't know the exact name of the video only that it was an "official history". Well, I've checked amazon and ebay and theres about five of these to choose from. SO - if anyone posseses a hubby/boyfriend/child who may have a video tracing their history could you find out if the footage is on it so I can work out which one I'm meant to be buying (any sexism unintentional - female help also welcome) HUGE thanks ....... Zoe .......... xxxxxxxxx

Bec

Bec Report 12 Oct 2004 16:31

Am a Man Utd fan but not obsessive. I'd suggest going on the (Manchester Utd) 606 messageboard on bbc.co.uk and posting a thread. In fact I could do it for you if you'd like as I'm member? Becx

Sean

Sean Report 12 Oct 2004 16:36

was your gt grandad a man u player or newcastle one ? ,it may be worth contacting the club he played for as they may be able to help sean

Zoe

Zoe Report 12 Oct 2004 16:40

Becx if you wouldn't mind asking that would be great - my fingers are getting itchy to get on ebay and buy up videos of him!!! Sean I've contacted Man Utd already - they were my first point of call. I'm now just collecting bits of memorobilia for my nieces and nephew when theyget bigger

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Oct 2004 16:41

don't kick me out.arsenal through and throughxxxxx(:

Bec

Bec Report 12 Oct 2004 16:43

Done! I used most of your text and knowing how obsessive a lot of them are they may know. I'll let you know asap. becx

Bec

Bec Report 12 Oct 2004 16:52

Oh Lisa :-( And you seemed such a nice person! lol becx

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Oct 2004 16:54

well bec it's not the football that i'm interested in .thats my husbands team.but love a certain player on the team!!!xxx(:

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 12 Oct 2004 17:26

Hi Zoe - talk of the devil!!! Have just today had a letter from Martin about those team photos - will pop it in the post to you tomorrow. You will like what he has to say about the Man U archivist .... !! Maz. XX

Zoe

Zoe Report 12 Oct 2004 17:50

Maz, oooh - I cant wait. The poor postman will need to be harrassed again ;o) Zoe