General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Handing in my notice....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bec

Bec Report 12 Oct 2004 17:05

I have to hand in my notice as I'm going to start a really exciting job but I feel awful about leaving the job I have. It's a small family company and they're so kind and nice and supportive... I feel awful! Any tips on what to say? How to do it? How much notice to work? Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Oct 2004 17:07

handing in your notice is tough but you have really got to think about your future .it's your life.with mine i had to give a month and write my notice out.then comes the hard bit telling them.but once you have that out the way then it's plain sailing from there.love and hugsxxxx(:

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Oct 2004 17:09

I think the general rule is, if you are paid wekly you give a weeks notice, if you are paid monthly you give a months notice. In your letter of resignation you could say what you have told us, that you have enjoyed working with them but the new job is something you really want to do. Ann glos

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 12 Oct 2004 17:12

Firstly, congrats on your new job :) Start by telling them how sorry you are to have to be leaving them, but then explain what benefits you will be gaining from the new job ie better salary/prospects/healthcare etc.... and tell them much as you have enjoyed working for them and regret having to leave them, you have to consider your long term future and that of your family (if appropriate). Periods of notice can vary - so if your new employer is willing to wait for you, ask existing employer how much time they think they will need to find a replacement - maybe even recommend a friend if you know someone who is looking for a job. But most important of all continue to give them 100% and part on good terms. Good luck :))