General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need B&B in Essex

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Supergran

Supergran Report 12 Oct 2004 18:34

Hi Does anyone in Essex know of any pubs in Malden or surrounding area that offer B&B accomodation. Coming back to the UK Dec & Jan & would like to wander round where my rellies lived ! Many thanks Brenda

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Oct 2004 18:53

Jolly Sailor Hythe Quay Malden Essex CM9 5HP England Tel : 01621 853463 Try google youll get loads of results E x

Supergran

Supergran Report 12 Oct 2004 18:59

Thanks Elaine Bin Googling for the last half hour & as you say came up with quite a few pubs but not many that do B&B. Would love to stay in The Jolly Sailor as one of my rellies was the landlord there way back but I don't think they have accomodation. I was just hoping that someone "on the spot" might know of one Regards Brenda

Chris

Chris Report 13 Oct 2004 00:36

Hi Brenda, www(.)information-britain(.)co(.)uk/ should be able to find B&B on there. Enjoy your time in Essex. My grandmother came from Elmstead. I was wanting to do exactly what you are doing but think I'll have to wait a while. Christine

Vanda

Vanda Report 20 Nov 2004 06:36

Hi, Try Colchester - it's Britain's oldest recorded town and has several B&B's. Also there are two or three leisure complex/hotels locally where I believe prices are cheaper at weekends. Wherever you go, have a good time. All the best - Vanda

Judith

Judith Report 20 Nov 2004 11:03

Hi Brenda, Sorry, I know I owe you a message. The Jolly Sailor on the Hythe is in Maldon and is a different pub from the Jolly in the Basin. The Maldon one does do B&B. You could also try the Tourist Information centre, 01621 856503, as they should have a list of accommodation. Judith

Supergran

Supergran Report 24 Nov 2004 16:33

Thanks Judith & Vanda Will try those Does the offer of a cuppa still stand Judith :) Brenda x

Judith

Judith Report 24 Nov 2004 17:09

Just tell me when to put the kettle on! Judith

Lisa

Lisa Report 24 Nov 2004 17:10

brenda how about looking up in the essex tourist information if they have one or bed and breakfasts in essexxxxxx(:

Supergran

Supergran Report 24 Nov 2004 21:03

Thanks all- loads of ideas there. By the way Christine one of your Munroes didn't marry my Faith Willis in Essex did he? No- oh well worth a try! Brenda x

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 18 Dec 2004 22:21

Hi Brenda - while you're there check out the Record Office in Colchester - really useful but you will need to make an appointment. Went right through Goldhanger's parish records but still not a lot wiser!! In fact it threw up a couple of doubts. Vanessa

Chris

Chris Report 19 Dec 2004 10:44

Hi Brenda, Munro is my married name. My grandmother who came from Elmstead Essex was Ruth Corner. Have you decided exactly when you are going yet?