General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

so where do you go

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 12 Oct 2004 19:16

where do you go on holiday? me i like to stay in this country(england that is ) i dnt like flying

Bob

Bob Report 12 Oct 2004 19:18

Off to Brussels on the train in a couple of weeks. Anyone been there and got ideas what to do?

Joy

Joy Report 12 Oct 2004 19:22

came back from Corfu last Wednesday. Joy

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Oct 2004 19:24

Depends on the finances. Usually Somerset and see relatives at same time.

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Oct 2004 19:27

You live in Cornwall so you have holiday on your doorstep! Must be dead busy in the summer.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 12 Oct 2004 19:48

i'm going to St Ives and Tenerife next year,have been to Ireland this year, Karen

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 12 Oct 2004 20:14

Italy is one of my favourite destinations. Have also been to New England, Madeira, France and Egypt. Also enjoy holidaying in UK. Would love to visit Grand Canyon!

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Oct 2004 20:27

stay in england usually but maybe in a few years time would like to go to lapland.xxxx(:

Maxine

Maxine Report 12 Oct 2004 20:29

Go to Pembrokeshire most years. Off to Edinburgh in the half-term. never been to Scotland, really looking forward to it. Maxine

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2004 20:33

Bob - Brussels is very hustle bustle - gorgeous buildings - fantastic shops - wonderful lace and best of all CHOCOLATE! oh and fast food places - best one is called Quick - if in any other restaurant can reccomend the omelettes - if you have time - try to get to Bruges - beautiful gentle city - wonderfully friendly people even better shops than in Brusells - oh and the Tintin museum is there too have some guides for there - mail me if you want more info

Shazza

Shazza Report 12 Oct 2004 21:09

Hi, Have been to Florida 3 times, New York just once, Spain once, Euro Disney once. I absolutely love flying !! Sharon

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Oct 2004 22:47

Maz, I'm mostly with you there - am ok in the car! Although have flown a few very short distances and been on Eurostar once. Much prefer to stay in this country though, have just bought holiday home in Poole. Dan, you will have to call in and say hello next time you're in Somerset. Mandy :)

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 12 Oct 2004 23:25

Isles of Scilly. I love it. Been to most countries in Europe and a few other - full of foreigners. Len

Melba64

Melba64 Report 12 Oct 2004 23:27

Furthest I've been is Southern Ireland. Would love to go to visit my brother in Canada. Also got rellies in Florida and my partner has family in Jamaica. Maybe next year. My favourite places in the UK are North Wales and Devon. Love the scenery. Mel

Amanda

Amanda Report 13 Oct 2004 02:48

I live in Ontario, Canada. This year we did our very first road trip. We drove 3000 KM in 7 days. We drove from our home near Toronto to New York State, then on to the Catskill Mountains (to see Thomas the Tank Engine, yes I have a 4 year old) then on to New Jersey. We drove into New York City, and saw Wall St and where the twin towers stood, took a boat out to the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island where all the immigrants landed (very interesting). Then drove down through Staten Island on to Long Island, then took a ferry from Long Island to Connecticut, up through Massachausetts and back through New York State before crossing the Canadian boarder at Kingston, Ontario, then the last leg of the journey home. What a fantastic week that was, we had no places arranged to stay we just stopped wherever we found a motel/hotel. Can't wait for our next road trip, not sure where yet though.

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 13 Oct 2004 03:01

My favourite place is LAS VEGAS. We (Me, Hubby, and 2 teenagers) drove there the last time via Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona and then, at last Nevada. It sounds long but in fact it is only 20hrs driving. Beautiful scenery. When we were going through Salt Lake City, I could see the LDS temple on the hill. I was informed by my husband that I'd better take a good look as that's as close as I was going to get! Spoil Sport. Vegas has lots of things to do beside gamble, although I love to lose my money! The food at the good hotels is fantastic. We took our kids to Disneyland (flew) when they were 10 and 12 then rented a car and drove to Vegas (5 hours). They enjoyed Vegas better than Disneyland! We stayed 7 nights and that was not long enough.

Mags

Mags Report 13 Oct 2004 04:06

We went to New Zealand for 5 weeks early this year - it was the holiday of a lifetime! There are so many wonderful sights we couldn't possibly see them all - so we plan to go back again next year. I am /was terrified of flying and didn't think I could get on a plane let alone go that distance - but worth it over and over again. We flew down to Queenstown for the last week of the holiday -now that was an experience!!! The descent and take off are so steep that your ears don't forgive you for hours! lol If anyone gets the chance to go - do it! Magsx

Christine

Christine Report 13 Oct 2004 06:08

Christine in NY. When I lived in the U.K. we did the Europe thing, Spain, Balearics, Italy, Cyprus,France, Monaco, etc. After moving to the U.S. it became the great state trail, Washington, Pensylvania,California, New York,Florida(too many times). Now my favourite holiday is the place i was born, Scotland. No airport in the world affects me quite the way landing at Glasgow does. Christine .