General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

winter wonderland!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 08:25

heard on the news that we're in for a very cold winter with plenty of snow!snow!snow!xxxxxxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 08:36

dave won't have to go to lapland now!xxxxx(:

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 13 Oct 2004 09:04

i luv winter luv snow but hate driving in it

June

June Report 13 Oct 2004 09:09

They have been known to get it wrong! I hope they are wrong again this year, nice to look at but problems for drivers and elderly people.

Steph

Steph Report 13 Oct 2004 09:41

Heard that it is going to be one of the worst winters this century, this year. As predicted by the people who predicted our wet summer. Doesn't bode well , does it? Hate snow! Hubby is self-employed lorry driver, delivering Tarmac. Bad weather means he's off the road and we are in for penny pinching Xmas!! And worse of all , they always shut the schools , so I have little monster at home for weeks!!ARRRGGGHHH!!!! Anyone got 1 one-way ticket to a desert island!!

Philip

Philip Report 13 Oct 2004 11:09

Hello Lisa, Huh, believe that when I see it! Have got the kids' sledge hanging up in the garage, haven't been able to use it since 1981, when we moved south from Cheshire down to the south. Don't have real snow down here, apart from the high moors. I remember in Oxford in the early '80s, everyone dashing home from work at 3.00pm and, when I asked why, being told that it was snowing. Looked out of the window and could see a light smattering of what could best be described as dandruff falling! Now, the Pennines, that was REAL snow! In the winter of 78/79 my route to work was over the Snake Pass, which was blocked for several weeks, with drifts some 15 feet deep! As they sung in "White Christmas", let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....! Philip

Heather

Heather Report 13 Oct 2004 11:44

My Mum has been telling us for weeks that we're going to have a hard winter because there are so many berries on the trees and hedgerows. I hope she's wrong because we can get snowed in here and I've noticed that it always happens the day before we're due to do the weekly shopping. Heather

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 12:29

i hope it happens. i,ve been waiting 8 years to take my daughter sledging!! and i'm dying to build a decent snowman for once!! xx

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 13 Oct 2004 13:18

We have a fir-tree at work, and this year it's covered in berries, so this might well be a white xmas!..

Bec

Bec Report 13 Oct 2004 13:32

Not a big snow fan. Used to think it was good due to school/work being cancelled but am about to start working from home so no excuses now :-( becx

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 13 Oct 2004 14:05

I am so excited - I just LOVE snow!! Think it must be because I was born in the very hard winter of 1963. My kids have never seen a deep layer of snow - the most we have had is a couple of inches which turns to ice the next day. I can't stay in - have to go out and walk about while its falling - no brolly, just a hood. mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Maz. XX ps first cold snap is predicted for NEXT WEEK so get your woollies out!!!

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 14:26

will have to place my bet on for a white christmas.SLEIGHBELLS RING!!!!!!!!!xxxx(:

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 13 Oct 2004 14:29

Ohhhhh...Gosh I'm homesick!!! Its so hot here at the moment......

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 13 Oct 2004 14:35

snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 13 Oct 2004 14:39

Yes Maz...We get the point ! You love snow. :o)))))))

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 13 Oct 2004 15:01

how did you guess Babz???