General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my half sister is stuck what should she do

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 13 Oct 2004 10:18

my half sister has found me at the beginning of the year ,and now my full sister who is england has met her a few times ,but has now told my sister she come and vist but cant sleep over ,as her sister might come round (cos their mum and dad are on holiday)and and she dont know they have different dads ,well this has upset my full sister with her saying its not her fault her mum has kept it asecret for 34yrs so what should they do cos my sister wants to go and stay there but doesnt wanna cause bother ? i told her to lie but she says why should she lie

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 13 Oct 2004 10:27

Hi, I would say that she should do that which causes least hurt. If she can't bring herself to lie to avoid hurting the "innocent and unknowing" sister then perhaps she shouldn't visit at all if there is the possibility of bumping into her. If the half sister wants to keep her real father a secret then that is her business. Gwynne

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 13 Oct 2004 11:00

I agree with Gwyneth.... your sister should respect the wishes of the people she is visiting.... if it were her she would not want a complete stranger coming into her home and blurting out the her sister isn't really her full sister.... it would not be fair on the poor unknowing sister!!

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 13 Oct 2004 13:42

I cant advice on this situation but I can say I dont really understand all of this 'Half' Brother/Sister stuff! Maybe its me... My youngest son has a different father to my older 5 children, But they all have the same mother!! As far as I'm concerned they all spent the same length of time inside me (give or take a day or two) and all left via the same exit ... that in my opinion just makes them Brothers and Sisters! From the day I was born I already had all the little eggs I needed to produce my kids... all laying together in my body! The sperm that my ex donated towards them would never have swam together as a male produces a fresh batch every 72 hours! Ok....LOL I'll get off my soap box now... its just a touchy subject in this house and my kids get really upset and angry when people refer to their Wee Brother as being a 'Half'. Shaz xx