General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone have any idea if I should be covered?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 13 Oct 2004 11:03

I had an inlay (half a crown) fitted privately at the dentist earlier this year in a back tooth... I had had it filled a number of times but the fillings always fell out.... well now the inlay has come out.... it cost me £300 and I want to know if I should be covered for them replacing it FOC before I call and moan.... anyone have any idea?

BrianW

BrianW Report 13 Oct 2004 11:07

The dentist should fix it FOC. If his/her standard of workmanship is not up to it then claim on him through the Small Claims Court, or threaten him/her with reporting to the BDA.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 13 Oct 2004 11:11

Thanks guys, I will give him a call and let you know what they say.... Oh i need this right now!! I'm giggling nervously now as i can't think of anything worse than going to the dentist AGAIN!! :O)

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 13 Oct 2004 12:02

They have confirmed that dentistry is covered for 1 year so they will have to replace it for me FOC!! Thanks.... not sure I would have asked otherwise!! Cos I hate confrontation!! :O)