General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

broken camera

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 13 Oct 2004 11:54

my mum and dad brought me a camera for my birthday in july,great i hear you say,went to use it last night and its broke. i called trading standards to find out where i stand and they say i'm entitled to a replacement or refund,so off i go to comet and the snotty,arrogant git tells me it has to be repaired or nothing--"its our policy". so called TS again and they say no i'm entitlent to replacement/refund so now i have to wait for them to send me leaflets before i can go bak to comet and demand what i want, ooh i feel better now i've got that of me chest

Philip

Philip Report 13 Oct 2004 11:56

Attagirl, Karen! Give 'em hell, you've got every right to require a new replacement. Philip

June

June Report 13 Oct 2004 11:56

Go to Comet on a busy day, and let people around hear what you are saying, they dont like bad publicity June

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 13 Oct 2004 11:58

they're all gits!! they should be shot! i bought a home cinema system and you think it costs one thing but then you need leads and scarts and all these extras for more money. then they get annoyed with you if you dont take their insurance!! makes me scream too!! x

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 12:09

Karen, if you want a bit of lighthearted relief, do a thread search for 'Political Correctness' and find the one I posted last week all about Currys. You can't even speak to the head of customer services there lol! Hope you get it sorted. Mandy :)

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 13 Oct 2004 12:09

Paul, i know what you mean,they're all over you until you say no for the insurance. I will wait for the leaflets and go back,i won't let the little s**ts get the better of me Karen

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 13 Oct 2004 12:15

thanks Baz, i'm determined because i've been down this road before.some years ago i had a camera that broke and foolishly had it repaired then i broke again and like you say couldn't get a refund/replacement and because the repair had gone out of its 3mth garantee i had no comeback at all. perhaps i should stay away from cameras lol

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Oct 2004 12:21

Karen, take note of the 2nd to last para of baz's posting. The onus is not on you but on them if it is less than 6 months old. Ann Glos