General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

im sorry if i offended

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 13 Oct 2004 12:32

im just saying im sorry for joke about reese withaspoon cousin told me it today and thick me fell for it,but i laughed when she told me im sorry if anyone was offended please forgive me i think me and my family just have a sick sense of humour so im truely sorry dont fall out with me :-(

N

N Report 13 Oct 2004 12:34

dont worry about it, people have to make a choice if they read a message or not, only wished id seen it now, LOL.

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 Oct 2004 13:57

Hi I did get upset to start with cause I really thought it was true. Then I realised it was a joke and was a bit offended but then I decided it was quite funny. So no offence taken honestly. Debbie

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 13 Oct 2004 14:20

oh no! Ive missed being offended Wahhhhhhhhhh!

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 14:28

don't worry kylie you know me i'm always putting my foot in itxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 15:34

There's one born every minute. WHat was the joke ? I missed it. Paul

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 13 Oct 2004 15:39

I missed it too and now I am intrigued!!! L x

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 15:41

I shoud add, purely from a personal perspective... how on earth could I ever fall out with someone named Kylie ?!?! lol

Suzy

Suzy Report 13 Oct 2004 16:14

Could someone please e-mail me the joke. I'm intrigued now!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 16:25

oh for goodness sake is that all ?

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 Oct 2004 16:27

Yes, I am one of those stupid ones that really believed it. The thing was she didnt give the answer till a few messages later, and then I realised. Thick or what.

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 16:28

Well I thought that was really funny - surely nobody could be offended? Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 16:31

Scroll back a few posts Liz, someone posted it.

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 Oct 2004 16:37

Oh for christ sake. Listen when she first posted the message it said in Capital letters. that a Actress has been murdered but couldnt remember the name Reece something. So then someone replied saying Witherspoon and said she was in Legaly blonde. As I had never seen that film I asked what other films she had been in. then finally she put up not witherspoon but witherknife. Now a good few minutes had gone by and I really thought that this poor woman had been murdered. and I was upset. Then when I realised it was all a joke I said not a very good joke. But later I emailed Kylie because I realised it was funny after getting over the shock that someone had been murdered. So dont all start saying fancy someone being offended over that. At the time I thought it was real Is that ok with everybody.

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 16:41

Shall we just say that the way in which the joke was posted (ie the delay) didn't help the joke (after all timing is everything in comedy) and leave it at that ? IT was a bit of humour thaht went awry, there's no need for recrimination. Either that or I'll post the headless corpse on the railway track joke again lol

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 13 Oct 2004 16:44

I took all of 10 seconds reading the posts and then the penny dropped. I admit I laughed! I enjoyed it Kylie. Viv

Debbie

Debbie Report 13 Oct 2004 16:55

dont worry, I just took it as someone had died and thought murder how awful. and then I still wasnt sure so I think I wrote is this a joke? if it is it is not funny. but after posting that message i thought it was funny and emailed her and told her sorry.

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 14 Oct 2004 01:13

im glad you guys can now see the funny side and i will say it again im truely sorry for posting it,