General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Resusitation or not?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 18:37

Have you discussed your wishes with your partner/next of kin? If you were terminally ill or needed life support would they know whether you would want to be resusitated or not? Tricky subject i know but i think it does help with the decsion making at the time if you have some idea of what your nearest & dearest would have wanted When my hubby had to go in for major heart surgery (at the age of 38) we discussed what he would want in the event of anything going wrong, fortunately he came through it, but i think it would have helped me knowing before hand how he felt if the unthinkable had happened What do you think??? Bev

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 13 Oct 2004 18:40

not discussed resusitation but have made sure that everyone knows I want every possible organ to be donated if anything should happen....

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 18:43

i have told my hubby that too Pinky, unfortunately he does not agree and he knows the Drs will not go against him even if i do carry a doner card. we have had endless rows about it, but like he says i won't be there so ultimately the decision is his. we have had to agree to disagree on this one just hope he goes first !!!!!!!!!! (only joking) Bev

N

N Report 13 Oct 2004 18:44

everyone who knows me knows i want everything done,LOL, told everyone, just in case : 1) parents are no longer living or coma, 2) partner is not living or in coma 3) just in case i tell everyone, as you dont know when its going to happen and who's around at the time, PMSL. yes i am sad,LOL. also they are not allowed to switch off the switch,not matter what doctors have told them. PMSL.

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 18:50

oh don't worry Strump he is fully aware that i will haunt him til his dying day if he does go against my wishes!!! but i can see his point he says losing me would be hard enough withut the thought that they were going to cut me up, yet he would agree to a postmortem if asked???? can't quite see his reasoning here, hence we have to drop the subject, even so he does know my wishes Bev

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 13 Oct 2004 18:50

Strump.... promise me not to leave your liver to me.... ;o)

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 18:53

lol Pink strumps liver is going to medical research, since it has defied it whilst she is living lol Bev

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 19:49

my dad suffered with alzhiemers,and during his last couple of years,life was a continuous blur to him...he became incontinant,and i could see by his eyes how upset he was,being washed like a baby,by carers,who he never recognised...he went downhill fast after that,suffering with heart problems...one day,whilst he was in hospital,i looked at his observation report,hoping to see dnr written next to his name,but it was'nt...so,i had it added...he had suffered enough...i dont regret it,he was my dad,and i loved him. bryan.