General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Its driving me mad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 13 Oct 2004 20:06

Does anyone know the name of the presenter of the quiz game Catch phrase, you know the one, "say what you see".

Geoff

Geoff Report 13 Oct 2004 20:08

It used to be Roy Walker, then it changed didn't it?

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 13 Oct 2004 20:11

Yes I think it did, is Roy Walker Irish? because the one I'm thinking of is.

Angela

Angela Report 13 Oct 2004 20:12

Caught a few seconds on satellite the other week - unluckily - and the presenter was the guy from Blue Peter that turned out to be not so nice after all - John Leslie I think. Angela

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 20:38

Yes it was Roy Walker who used to say 'say what you see'. Then John Leslie did it for a while, and now it's someone else. Can't remember his name which will now annoy me all evening, but I do remember that he broke his leg once running down into the audience! Mandy :)

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 13 Oct 2004 21:10

I remember that Mandy, can't think of his name either.

Pat

Pat Report 13 Oct 2004 21:15

Sue, Roy Walker is Irish from the North of the Country I don't know if it's as we call Northern Ireland, maybe from around where that terrible singer Daniel O'Donnell is from Donegal area. If my memory serves me right he was also on that 1970's show 'the comedians' that featured fellas like Jim Bowen "Bullseye" and Bernard Manning etc., Pat x