General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sad news

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 13 Oct 2004 20:29

I often wandered why people ask certain things, and now i am doing just that. my son david and his girlfriend jackie went this afternoon to hospital for there first babyscan, at 13 weeks. they were told the baby was only 8weeks, so no heartbeat, but to have another scan in a weeks time to make sure?? does this seem right? To me this is so sad to keep them waiting a week for news about there baby.helenx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 13 Oct 2004 20:34

try to be positive helen, maybe they couldnt find the heartbeat, its hard i know and i wish you and them the best news when they go back , keep us informed

Angela

Angela Report 13 Oct 2004 20:37

Maybe its as simple as the pregnancy not being as far advanced as they thought. People can be mistaken about their dates. I know a week seems a long time to you but they need to give the baby time to mature enough so they can tell this for certain. What is important is that she relaxes through this week as stress is not good for the baby. Angela

Helen

Helen Report 13 Oct 2004 20:46

By her dates jackie and her dr thought she was now 12wks. but the hospital say 7wks/ which to me means she has misscarried? helen

Bob

Bob Report 13 Oct 2004 20:47

For some good info about scans go to: http://www.ivillage.*co.uk/pregnancyandbaby/pregnancy/tests/articles/0,,9_172725,00.html nb There are 3 pages of info.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 13 Oct 2004 21:06

Sorry to read this helen, have just switched on, will keep thinking of you all.

Valice in

Valice in Report 13 Oct 2004 21:41

My daughter in law had to go back for a scan, same thing and it was ok, never quite knew which was the correct date, it ended up being born 5 weeks premature by an 'in between' date, and he's doing just fine now. All the best Val

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 13 Oct 2004 21:42

What we think and what is fact is often 2 different things.... they are saying it is still there so no miscarriage has happened.... lets just hope that next week a heartbeat is there and we can all breath a huge sigh of relief.... my thoughts are with you! D

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 13 Oct 2004 21:48

I know this is probably easy for me to say, but try to think positive! One reason hospital's don't give scans earlier than around 12 weeks is because they can't detect the heartbeat before the baby is that age because it's too small. So that maybe the reason the doctor can't find it just yet. Also, if she hasn't had any other symptons of miscarriage then that could be a good sign. Hope you get your answers soon. It must be a worrying time for you and the family so my thoughts are with you. Please keep up updated. Love Joanne