General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Pet - Good News!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 13 Oct 2004 23:05

Hi all, Good news, Barney my cat has returned home. After 36 hours of me worrying he has returned. I think he may have been locked in a shed or garage as he has oil on his paws and collar and his fur was dry even though it had been raining heavily. Thanks to all of you who reassured me that he would return and it made me feel a bit better to know I wasn't the only one to treat their cat like real person! I just hope he's learned his lesson and doesn't go into places he shouldn't in the future - I don't think I could cope! Sam

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Oct 2004 23:06

So pleased for you. Now you can sleep tonight!.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 13 Oct 2004 23:40

So pleased for you. Our tabby kitten disappeared one stormy night and we never did know what happened to her. I know just how you felt. Brenda

Melba64

Melba64 Report 13 Oct 2004 23:45

Glad to hear your baby returned home. Unfortunately will probably wander again; that's what cats do but at least you know that he knows where he lives and is safe and loved so he will always come back if he can. Mel

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Oct 2004 01:45

Brilliant news Sam - The relief is enormous when they come wandering in - usually demaning food and then look at you as if you've gone nuts when you won't stop hugging them cause you are so pleased that they are back! They look as if to say whats the fuss for Mum? I can now go to sleep without worrying about you and your little man - really pleased. Maggie

pinkflamingo

pinkflamingo Report 14 Oct 2004 05:04

Great News, I bet you are relieved. Christine x

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 14 Oct 2004 06:50

Lovely news Sam, felt upset for you yesterday, have been in that situation once, only he didn't come back for 3 weeks!. We love em to bits, but they do worry us sometimes!.. an extra cuddle!.

Fairy

Fairy Report 14 Oct 2004 07:34

So pleased Barney came back. Thats the trouble with cats, they can go walkabouts for days. Jo.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 08:59

I am so pleased he is home.... bet you spoilt him lots!! :O)

Theresa

Theresa Report 14 Oct 2004 09:31

Hello Sam, Great news, i am so happy for you. Regards Theresa

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 14 Oct 2004 09:44

when we moved to this area the houses have " bin" cupboads outside.........yes you guessed it!......... more than one moggie was late home............when let out, they escape like a scalded greyhound.......... Bob. glad he's back...........

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 14 Oct 2004 13:48

Brilliant news!!!! I am so pleased for you. Love and hugs to you and your cat, Lorrainx

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 14 Oct 2004 13:50

great news Sam :-))))

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 14 Oct 2004 14:17

Sam,my cat is really scarey. We love her to bits,but I am now certain without a doubt that she sees and plays with all of our other pets who have gone to heaven who were in this house before her. What clinched it for me was the other morning Me and Him in Doors were having a leisurely start to the day and were having a cuppa in bed. Lucy who always sleeps on the bed,or she wakes the whole street up telling everyone how we miss treat her at the top of her voice, decided to get off the bed and plod off down the landing. She reached the place where little Smidgen always slept and side stepped round something unseen. She obviously then had her bot whacked,a typical Smidgen trick ,as Lucy leapt in the air and shot off at great speed. She can also be heard having great conversations with persons unseen and plays noisey games with someone chasing up and down the landing. The scariest was when she was sitting on my knee and watched someone unseen come into the room. Her head was at the right level for following the progress of a human and she followed them across the room. I am convinced she SEES So glad the stop out came home safely. Smidgen used to do car mechanics at night too Hugs Rose

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 14:43

Aww sooo glad he came back...like I said was probably hiding under a car from the rain. Give him a cuddle from me :P Kind regards Lisa x

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 14 Oct 2004 18:19

Hi Sam - glad to hear the wanderer returned :)) It's a roller coaster of emotion huh? Rosemary - your cat almost definitely is seeing those that have 'passed' - animals are like children and very perceptive of 'spirits'. My mum's cats often sit up and watch something out in their hallway when there is nothing there - she's convinced its her mother visiting lol............. Happy reunion.........lots of cuddles and treats for Barney. xx

Speedy

Speedy Report 14 Oct 2004 19:19

So glad he came back you must be so happy to know he is ok

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 19:22

told you sam.they always come home when thier hungryxxxx(:

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 14 Oct 2004 21:44

That's great news, Sam. By the way, if he should wander again, is Barney microchipped? I promise you, it'll give you peace of mind to know he's traceable. Glenys x

Maggie

Maggie Report 15 Oct 2004 02:09

Rosemary - yours aren't the only ones - my lot stare at nothing with great intensity - usually one of my previous pets favourite places! but occasionally at human head hight or into the corner of the ceiling when there doesn't appear to be anything there! Mine do the same as yours - chasing around the house after someone or as if someone is after them, jumping as if ambushed on the landing! and other strange antics But the really strange thing is I can be standing in the house and out the corner of my eye see a cat wander into the room, feel them rub against my legs and when I look down to say hello there isn't a cat to be seen! So looks like pets are more aware than us! and to those jokers in the pack - no I don't drink - except Tea and water. Maggie