General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another quiz for you.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 13 Oct 2004 23:16

What is the London Orbital Motorway better known as? 2. In what month is Hogmanay celebrated? 1 3. Complete the following TV series title, ‘Police, Camera, ……’? 4. What type of music would you associate with Maria Callas? 5. Which Sicilian Mountain is Europe’s largest volcano? 6. Which was the only non-European nation to win the men’s football world cup in the 90’s? 7. Was singer Enrico Caruso a baritone, tenor or bass? 8. Which member of the Rolling Stones was best man at Keith Richard’s wedding? 9. Which alphabet did the Muscovites use? 10. What type of transport did Steve McQueen use to escape in the film ‘The Great Escape’? 11. Which English County has the longest coastline? 12. Which English Northeast County is furthest north? 13. What colour is a typical diesel pump at English petrol stations? 14. Who hosts ‘Aunties Sporting Bloomers’? 15. Who was Paula Yates father who hosted ‘Stars on Sunday’? 16. From which country do the pop group ‘Aqua’ originate? 17. Which Nelson was the first president of South Africa? 18. Who had a UK hit in the 90’s with ‘Streets of Philadelphia’? 19. Which page of a newspaper is traditionally associated with naked women? 20. What was the name of Cher’s husband who died in a skiing accident? 21. What relationship is Queen Elizabeth II to Prince William? 22. In which continent is Mount Kilimanjaro? 23. What did ‘Old Mother Hubbard’ keep in her cupboard? 24. What meat is used in Cock-a-Leekie soup? 25. What do Americans call a dinner jacket? 26. William Claude Dukenfield used his first two initials to become who? 27. What are Cobol, Java and Fortran? 28. Which sporting trophy did Bradford jewellers ‘Fattorini’s’ make? 29. What are secateurs used for? 30. How many leaves are there on a shamrock? I will give you the answers at the weekend.........

Sidami

Sidami Report 13 Oct 2004 23:25

A fortnights holiday in the Bahamas! lol

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 13 Oct 2004 23:32

Hi Sue 1.... M25 2....December 3....Action 4...Operatic 5...Etna 7...Tenor 13...Blue 14...Terry Wogan 15...Jess Yates but later proven her father was Hughie Green 16....Denamrk 17...Mandela 19...Page 3 20..Sonny Bono 21...Grandmother 22...African 23...Dog Bones 24...chicken 25...Tuxedo 26...W.C.Fields 27 ..Computer programmes 29...Pruning 30....three Christine

Gwen

Gwen Report 13 Oct 2004 23:42

18. Bruce Springsteen

Sam

Sam Report 13 Oct 2004 23:46

6. Brazil - in 1994

Sidami

Sidami Report 13 Oct 2004 23:56

Christine.....you not had a drink tonight then....lol

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 14 Oct 2004 00:25

25. Sports Coat

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 14 Oct 2004 01:33

No Sue no drinking tonight. I'm on painkillers which make me just as gaga. LOL Christine ps I can't even mind telling you I'd had a drink or when it was!