General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cancer Research UK - Charity Auction - 3rd March 2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 10:44

Wow, I have just had Newbury Rugby Club agree that they will give me one of their function rooms for free for the charity auction.... so it's 3rd March 2005 and I have plenty of time now to get lots of things organised for the event!! I am really pleased that they are going to help us!! :O)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Oct 2004 10:48

That's great news! Have you got a friendly auctioneer lined up?. I know some will help out for charity events.

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Oct 2004 10:51

perhaps the person who said she was involved in British Snooker could get you some signed cues ?

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 11:01

Gwyneth.... consider yourself booked if you think you can help.... I wouldn't have a clue where to start!! :O) I will make sure there is a PA system for you to use as hopefully the place will be packed!! Paul.... who's involved with the snooker? Anything would be fantastic!! :O)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Oct 2004 11:04

Sorry. I can cope with standing in front of a class at primary school, but adults?- they're scary!!

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 11:05

Fair comment babe.... I am going to see if i can line up someone from the rugby world but i doubt it will be anyone famous!! :O)

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Oct 2004 11:10

can't remember, have a look on Sylvia's SNOOKER thread

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Oct 2004 11:13

Try asking real life auctioneers. You need someone with a bit of know-how to be able to know when to nudge the people for just a bit more money. Perhaps you could get a local?celebrity (rugby or otherwise)to put in a guest performance and maybe sign autographs towards the cause.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 11:14

Paul.... found it and have emailed the person in question asking if she knew who i could write to to get anything signed!! :O) Gwyneth.... you are absolutely right babe, and maybe I will have to start hunting for one!! :O)

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 12:14

Ok have contacted loads of Theatres with the hope of getting tickets.... who else can i/should i contact?

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 12:38

Thanks to Jan in York.... she has kindly offered to get a cue signed for the auction!! Yeay.... we are going to make hundreds and hundreds of £'s if it all comes off!! :O)

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 14 Oct 2004 15:36

How about contacting local restaurants - a meal for 2 could be a good prize and some good advertising for the restaurant. Also bowling alley, rugby club, football club etc for free tickets. Jack x

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 15:38

Thanks jackie, that's a brilliant idea.... there are a few new ones in Newbury too so could be good to contact them!! :O)

Wendy

Wendy Report 14 Oct 2004 20:37

Diana My Susie wants to know if your Susie will be accompanying you to the auction and lend you support. Wendy :O))

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 14 Oct 2004 20:41

Di get the Tele on board. I am sure one of the Progs would love the attraction and it would do your efforts good. Great event One for the Diary Rose

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Oct 2004 22:28

Do you know anyone who could get you a couple of complimentary raace tickets? Ann Glos