General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Rosemary!.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 14 Oct 2004 14:34

Have just been reading the jobs thread, and I see you won a Silver medal at Hampton Court, Rosemary, that's marvellous!, have been going for the last four years, and it's fantastic there, the work of those exhibitors is unbelievable, there is so much to see, and to buy!. Very well done to you!.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 14 Oct 2004 14:50

Thanks, It was something I had to do to prove to myself that I could do it. I was on the TV AND EVERYTHING. But Having done it I would NEVER DO IT AGAIN. It is totally exhausting. My feet nearly gave out on me too as you are on your site for the whole of the show. I did go to a fantastic champagne lunch on Preview Day where I met Little Erne, Tony Hart, Gloria Honeyford, Cliff, Stephan Buckets, sorry,I can't spell his name,but he was on a lot of daytime TV at the time. All extremely nice people. It was quite amusing as the wealthy all presumed that we too were in the upper money bracket and we had a lot of invites to yachts and parties that there was no chance of us following up. A great occasion, one for the scrap book, but I don't hanker after that life.I really do enjoy the plant research though and have done work for a famous reclamation Agency I loved it. Thanks for your interest Rose