General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Whoops everyone can see my tree!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

valinkent

valinkent Report 14 Oct 2004 14:52

Have just noticed that everytime you contact people if you dont untick the box at the bottom ,people can automaticly see your tree. Have been intouch with loads of people unfortunaly not many reply as we all now ,but it means they can see my tree. What a stupid way surely it should be tick the box if you want them to see your tree. Still my fault for not reading it .If i take them out of my contact box do you think that would work.???? Val

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 17:31

Blimey, mine must be on open view too!! Ooops

valinkent

valinkent Report 14 Oct 2004 17:38

Have just had a look at my contacts board and they all say Allow ,so that is alright is,nt it . This means you do not have to untick the box ,how confussing is that ??? Val

BrianW

BrianW Report 14 Oct 2004 17:50

It does NOT mean they can see your tree, you have to click on the "Allow" to enable them to view. Poor terminology in the description, that's all. In other words, if it says "Allow" they can't see your tree, if it says "Remove" they can.

Sprack

Sprack Report 14 Oct 2004 17:57

someone contacted me last week and I have access to his tree so I wrote and told him the next day but I still have it. jenny x