General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shower or a Bath....which do you prefer?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 14 Oct 2004 23:05

We are looking at changing our boiler to a Combi which means we can get rid of the airing cuboard in the bathroom. Now I thought wouldn't it be great to have a seperate shower cubicle and a bath but the bathrooms small and we are having the devils own job trying to plan both in. I love baths and Dave loves showers eek

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 14 Oct 2004 23:12

I agree Jo, I love reading a book in the bath, just gets wet in a shower and you can't turn the pages then easily. Plus your wine gets watered down. not good :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Oct 2004 23:13

I get BBC Good Homes magazine and you can now get shaped baths (slightly narrower at foot end) which helps you fit a shower in. We all prefer showers, but I do like a soak now and again. I actually prefer a shower situated above the bath as you have more room for movement! We have a shower cubicle in our ensuite and if you drop something, there's no room to bend over and pick it up! Amusing but worth considering!! Mandy :)

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 14 Oct 2004 23:13

Can't read in a shower, so it's got to be a long hot soak. Although I do shower every day, I treat myself once a week to a bath. Rebecca

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Oct 2004 23:13

Can't you look into getting a large bath with a shower cubicle one end, I've seen quite nice ones in B&Q type places. For me I have a shower in the mornings for convenience, but I do enjoy a nice long soak in the bath with a book and some music.

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 14 Oct 2004 23:15

Hi Paul, I work at B&Q and they don't sell big enough ones. Dave likes plenty of room to move about. Could consider a wet room but the house might collapse :)

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 14 Oct 2004 23:17

Bath too. Showers are great when youre in a hurry but you cant beat a long soak in a bubbly bath with all the trimmings lol

Nicola

Nicola Report 14 Oct 2004 23:19

I like showers as it is much faster than a bath for early morning rises for work, but do love to have a bath now and again just to lie and relax in with loads a bubbles and some candles!!!

Gerry

Gerry Report 15 Oct 2004 00:11

Bath, with a book. Wife likes to take a G&T with her

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 15 Oct 2004 00:15

Now lad is that wife with G&T and you with book at the same time. You see that is one of our probs, can't go for too small a bath or too small a shower cabinet ;) (hope I don't offend) tee hee

Gerry

Gerry Report 15 Oct 2004 00:17

Ashamed to say Eyes...... NOT at same time. Go on offend.:-))

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 15 Oct 2004 00:19

lol gerry :) something to think about! eh lad

Theresa

Theresa Report 15 Oct 2004 00:20

What about a corner spa with a shower, saves room, lots of room to move, and there is enough room for two to lounge in. Theresa

Gerry

Gerry Report 15 Oct 2004 00:20

actually.......................... WE HAVE JUST BOUGHT A NEW DOUBLE END BATH. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 15 Oct 2004 00:21

well now you now WHY ;)

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 15 Oct 2004 00:23

thats a thought theresa, cheers for that, will look into it :)

Gerry

Gerry Report 15 Oct 2004 00:26

This all too much for me at my tender age LOL I'm going to bed

(eyes)

(eyes) Report 15 Oct 2004 00:29

goodnight Gerry and happy bath night :)

Gerry

Gerry Report 15 Oct 2004 00:31

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz splash