General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

one hit wonders whats your fav & dislike

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 17 Oct 2004 19:00

i like tell laura i love her > ricky vallance in the year 2525> zagger & evans i hate that one by mr blobby what aload of bull

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Oct 2004 19:32

Think it was Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel. Think. Don't htink it was their only hit either (could be wrong). Am still thinking of mine, but how about... I think we're alone now by Tiffany ;)

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Oct 2004 19:32

sorry dan accidently deleted it.the one i loved was come up and see me make me smile.can't remember who it was by.and keith harris and orville i wish i could flyxxxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Oct 2004 19:33

don't know if it was but love it.how are you chunks.long time no hearxxxxx(:

Daniel

Daniel Report 17 Oct 2004 19:35

Thanks for that Lisa. Now everyone thinks i'm even more insane. :-)

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Oct 2004 19:36

dan you can say it now love!!!!xxx(:

Minty1402

Minty1402 Report 17 Oct 2004 20:40

have 3 fave one hit wonders and all from the same year! 1978. substitute by clout, dancing in the city by marshall hain and northern lights by renaissance. love em. hmm my hates are quite a few but i think if i had to pick one it would be...lady in red by chris de burgh..shudders Di

Minty1402

Minty1402 Report 17 Oct 2004 22:19

i love pat benatar!! course she wasnt a one hit wonder but that is the song that gets played the most;) do you remember *we belong* by her? great track. and yes of course i remember annika...in the kimona with a broad scottish accent lol. Di

Andy

Andy Report 29 Oct 2004 16:31

just heard 'You Get What You Give' by New Radicals on the radio, at work. A one hit wonder that's actually pretty decent.

Bec

Bec Report 29 Oct 2004 16:35

Right I'm off for the weekend but before I go: "I am the one and only... you can't take that away from me!" Chesney's the man! becx

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 29 Oct 2004 20:12

Will always love "San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear ....)" and that Scott MacKenzie voice! Beautiful! When I sing that at a gig people always join in - it seems to be a favourite for a lot of people (either that or they're trying to drown me out!!!) Hate "Agadoo" !!! More like "Agadon't". Glenys x

Ann

Ann Report 29 Oct 2004 20:33

From 9-5 I have to spend my time at work/ My job is very boring I'm an office clerk/ The only thing that helps me pass the time of day/ Is knowing I'll be back at Echo Beach someday/ or something like that!!! Martha & the Muffins- Echo Beach- Fab song!!!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Oct 2004 00:34

I loved "Drops of Jupiter" by Train . Not too sure if it was a One Hit Wonder but I never heard anything else from them. Worst I'm hoping is a one hit wonder 'cause i couldn't stand to hear another from them......Three of a kind "Babycakes" Christine