General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Toad in the hole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 18 Oct 2004 15:10

Guess what's for tea tonight! What can I add to the normal recipe to make it a bit different?

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 18 Oct 2004 15:11

My sister-inlaw always puts some onion in John!.. enjoy your toad!..

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 18 Oct 2004 15:12

we've got sausages too

Chris Ho :) Report 18 Oct 2004 15:13

Wev'e got sausages as well from a local farm shop!, cider and apple ones!..lovely.

Chris Ho :) Report 18 Oct 2004 15:13

Wev'e got sausages as well from a local farm shop!, cider and apple ones!..lovely.

Bec

Bec Report 18 Oct 2004 15:13

I read somewhere that some stuffing mixture in the batter is nice :-) Ummm.... maybe I'll have toad in the hole too!

Lisa

Lisa Report 18 Oct 2004 15:14

stomachs rumbling now.haven't had that for agesxxxx(:

John

John Report 18 Oct 2004 15:15

Do you all want to come around to mine tonight then? I'm sure my wife and son won't mind!

John

John Report 18 Oct 2004 15:22

There's a red pepper and some garlic in the fridge - that will do!!

badger

badger Report 18 Oct 2004 15:27

Don't laugh at your suggestion Sandra ,it's lovely. Fred.ptfg.

badger

badger Report 18 Oct 2004 16:09

I'm away to make the tea now ,curry this evening ,but the sausages will be coming out of the freezer in the morning for toad in the hole. I got six pound of them a month ago ,peppered ones ,with a bit of spice and cracked corms in ,they are lovely and will go well in an onioned batter. All new suggestions gratefully recieved.Fred.ptfg.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 18 Oct 2004 16:19

Meatball Batter Pudding Follow the recipe and method for Toad in the Hole but omit the sausages. After pouring the batter into the roasting tin add 450g (1 lb) lean minced beef, shaped into 12 meat balls. Apple Batter Pudding Follow the recipe and method for Toad in the Hole but omit the sausages. Add 450g (1 lb) peeled, cored and thickly sliced apples to the butter. Add 50g (2 oz) sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the batter. Add grated cheese to the batter and add onion mmmmm im hungry now... Elaine x

badger

badger Report 18 Oct 2004 18:38

A local delicacy in Gibraltar is a batter made with self raising flour, cooked ,cut into squares and served cold with iced tea ,or coffee in the summer.It sounds revolting but in fact is very nice.Fred.ptfg.

Chris Ho :) Report 18 Oct 2004 19:05

Hope you've had your toad by now John!.. did it taste good?..

Steph

Steph Report 18 Oct 2004 19:09

spooky, John!! That's what we've all had for dinner tonight! Personally we like it as is, with baked beans and mash! Steph x

John

John Report 18 Oct 2004 22:15

It was scrummy Christine. Tiramasu for pudding (that wasn't home-made!).