General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how much do you spend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 18 Oct 2004 17:16

how much do you spend on xmas food at xmas & when do you start shopping for xmas

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 18 Oct 2004 17:31

i dread to think,although don't have to pay for meat so a lot less than i could, what about you? Karen

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 18 Oct 2004 17:34

i always have hampers from my friend so it's all paid for before xmas id say about £200

Witchazel

Witchazel Report 18 Oct 2004 17:36

Far too much and most of it gets wasted.

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 18 Oct 2004 17:37

ive got a large family so not much gets wasited

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 18 Oct 2004 17:41

Turkey was 1/2 price & is in freezer a bag of sprouts a bag of frozen parsnips a bag of potatos yorkie puds, stuffing mix & condiments. Got 2 xmas puds (in date) from last year to cook. few nice biccys & cakes, chrisps ect all dont come to much We dont go mad anymore. its only another day as far as im concerned. We dont pig out & stuff ourselves. a few nice treats are all that we buy. unless youre having a party I think its a terrible waste to spend a fortune on grub for a couple of days. Elaine x

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Oct 2004 17:46

I start putting an extra item into my trolley every week from about now! We don't go too mad either, I think it's terrible when you see people buying so much it looks like food's going to be rationed again. Box of choccy biccies, tin of shortbread, tin of chocolates, nuts, things like that. But what I buy has to last us through New Year too. Mandy :)

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 18 Oct 2004 17:50

Elaine - I agree with you, and it's NO fun in supermarkets a couple of days beforehand!! I don't know yet whether we're having visitors, but I will try to limit what we buy as it's so easy to go mad! Do like to have a few special treats, choccies, nice cheeses etc.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 18 Oct 2004 22:25

I buy 2 or 3 saver stamps from Morrisons every week and this gives me 100 quid come Xmas. Mum saves up her Sainsbury's rewards as her contribution - they pay for some treaty things. I buy 1 pack of tree chocs a week from the time they come into the shop. We have started to have a turkey crown now - all yummy breast meat and no carcass to pick over. Usually make own pud, but didn't last year - need to get organised now. Jamie will be 7 on 21st, so his party and birthday pressies add to it too. We try to stick to about 100 quid for each kid for Xmas and birthday - about the same for each other too I suppose. Usually do my mum (as well as her normal pressies) a 'hamper' of treats that she wouldn't buy for herself - special chocs/sweets and a few bottles - that soon adds up! Around this time I look out for tins of biscuits/sweets 'buy one get one free' - ideal for the teachers! Maz. XX