General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What's the worst beauty treatment you've ever trie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Oct 2004 00:01

I remember when I was a teenager I read in "The Jackie" that the marrow from a bone was good for your hair. Got my bone from the butchers and scooped the marrow out and plonked it on my head. It was DISTUSTING! It took hours to wash out and I'm sure the local dogs followed me around for weeks! What's the worst treatment you ever tried? Christine

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Oct 2004 00:06

My daughter had legs like a zebra crossing last time she tried one Louise. Think I'll stick to my milk bottle legs. Christine

badger

badger Report 19 Oct 2004 01:20

My sister, years, ago ,with a full mud pack on her face looking like something from the black lagoon [it did'nt work either]Fred ptfg.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Oct 2004 01:25

Elizabeth, at least you had class and went for the Earl Grey rather than plain old 'Tetley' LOL Fred the thing with these mud packs is your not supposed to smile with them on but when everyone else starts laughing at the site of you, you can't help yourself. Christine

badger

badger Report 19 Oct 2004 02:06

Well Joan ,you may be a beutiful person and all, but i think you could do with a more refined perfume to the one you mentioned.lol.Fred.ptfg.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Oct 2004 02:27

I don't know Fred....said in a French accent "Eau De Slurry" has a certain ring to it, don't you think? Lol Christine

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 19 Oct 2004 07:19

Some fake tan in a tube years ago, next day legs and arms covered in itchy red rash!..so embarassing, didn't go out!..

Christine2

Christine2 Report 19 Oct 2004 10:16

Christine - I think you are supposed to EAT the marrowbone!!Not plaster it on your hair LOL. It's supposed to be good for you - I always scoop it out of a lamb joint and eat it. Louise - OUCH - I tried an epilator once - never again!! Chrissie

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 19 Oct 2004 12:36

Oh Rosemary ! PMSL here!! What was not so funny (for me) was when I was a teenager and I found a wart stick and wrote my name into my legs, just above the knees..... ..next morning I had to go to school, Mum wrapped what by now looked like black tatoos, with bandages. Only trouble was now I looked like my undies were around my knees as the bandages were just visible below my school uniform !!! I'm blushing with embarassment at the moment!!! *mortified* ...Babz

Bec

Bec Report 19 Oct 2004 12:51

Rosemary, Babz... what are warts sticks? Same as crab sticks? ;-) becx

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 19 Oct 2004 12:53

Never did get rid of them Rose! I seem to remember we had to wet them first.... .....I used to dab it on my tongue !! Only did it the once!!! :o((( X ...Babz

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 19 Oct 2004 12:56

Bec !! NOT QUITE AS TASTY !! PMSL :o))))))))))))) X...Babz

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 19 Oct 2004 13:12

A wart stick is a 'caustic medication' in the form of a pencil that needs to be wetted first then rubbed onto the warts and the next day the wart is black. Mum bought one the other day, so they still around. I'm laughin' so much here Mum's just come in to see whats so funny!! I had to delete the bit about her still having one on the end of her nose!!! I still LUFF her though ! :o))) ...Babz :o))))))

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 19 Oct 2004 17:18

this thread is so funny, please keep the stories coming!!! i have a facial every month, and always come out looking red and blotchy from where the girl has to squeeze all my blackeheads....disgusting i know!!!! and soooo painful !! xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2004 17:32

I've used an epilator since they first came out and honestly, they're not so painful when you've done it a few times. Although I only do my legs too, don't fancy letting it loose near the bikini line lol. I once tried waxing my bikini line, god what a mess, had to be a contortionist. Then they gave you this wipe thing to condition your skin afterwards - eugh it was like grease! Have now found the answer - a 'tankini' swimsuit with shorts bottoms, you don't need to worry about the bikini line!! Mandy :))))

Saz

Saz Report 19 Oct 2004 17:33

I went to Majorca with my parents many years ago and had read that putting lemon juice in your hair would lighten it. I wanted to come back looking all blonde highlights and tanned, to impress my mates. Unfortunately sitting in the sun for eight hours left me looking like the proverbial lobster, plus sunstroke - so I spent the rest of the holiday indoors laying down and groaning. My parents were not impressed. Saz

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 19 Oct 2004 22:35

Putting Dettol in my bathwater. Len