General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what am i doing wrong?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcie

Marcie Report 19 Oct 2004 16:17

hi yesterday i tried to change boards on genes and seemed to get a split image, could,nt get out of it so closed genes and after few mins went back, now when ever i change screens ,i get page unavailable, i have to do this every time and it takes ages to connect to the screen, any advise please marcie x

Emma

Emma Report 19 Oct 2004 16:20

hi marcie , it happened once to me , dont know why and it has`nt happened again . very annoying though , isnt it?!!

Marcie

Marcie Report 19 Oct 2004 16:32

hi beth have done, but not convinced that i will recieve a reply, we,ll see marcie x

John

John Report 19 Oct 2004 16:36

Do you mean like on page 8 of this board?

Marcie

Marcie Report 19 Oct 2004 16:39

hi john yes, just the same as that, and since then it,s taken ages to try and connect to a page, just says page not found, so i keep on till it does work but boy is it driving me mad marcie x

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2004 17:27

I have a solution to the 'page slipping' thingy. That happens when somebody posts a reply with lots of letters and no spaces, for instance a website address. The page then stretches to take it in one go, and the whole lot moves down the page. Very strange thing to do, I'm sure GR should be able to do something about it - but that's the reason! Mandy :)