General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hello, erm... again...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bad_Wolf

Bad_Wolf Report 19 Oct 2004 20:11

Funny how things work out. In Tokyo's Narita airport, they do have internet booths, where I thought of adding to my Singapore message, but you have to pay, they are few, there was a queue, and you had to PAY (have I already mentioned that?). However, I am now stuck in a remote part of Alaska (with glorious views of snow-topped peaks, a promise of views of two active volcanoes - oh, and a warning not to wander out of town, as the bears are still awake), with a broken-down plane, a lot of time, and a local school that is offering access for free, so I thought - what the heck... This SHOULD be the last message... unless something happens in Houston. Rob p.s. I am sending this using an Apple computer, and there seems to be some conflict of programs; I have already crashed one of the computers (an iMac) (several times), and this one (Power Mac G3) is soooo slow. Should this be so? R

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 19 Oct 2004 20:13

Hello, don't know what trip you're on but sounds like one hell of a journey. Watch out for those bears. Kxx

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 19 Oct 2004 20:15

Evening Robert, certainly sounds exciting there!..

Bad_Wolf

Bad_Wolf Report 19 Oct 2004 20:39

Actually, it's morning here... Well, it could have been quicker, but I had to stop for a seminar in Tokyo, where I was taken out for a slap-up Japanese meal, with Japanese beer, and hot and cold sake (it IS better hot, but it was nice cold, too). The bill made my hosts' eyes pop out, he-he-he! However, with this faulty spark plug in the jet engine (or whatever) delaying me, I may be stuck in Houston for a while. I have been suffering... Rob

Bad_Wolf

Bad_Wolf Report 20 Oct 2004 04:57

Aha! New plane has arrived. I'll go now. Again. Rob

Bad_Wolf

Bad_Wolf Report 20 Oct 2004 04:58

Aha! New plane has arrived. I'll go now. Again. Rob

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 20 Oct 2004 10:09

Sounds so exciting.... where you off to now?