General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Competing TV programmes on tonight!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 19 Oct 2004 20:17

On BBC2 at 9pm, they are showing the second installment of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' with Amanda Redman, and they used info from a fellow member on this board (sorry I've forgotten your name). AND on BBC3 they are showing the new series of 'Little Britain' at 9pm... do they think that we genealogists don't have a sense of humour or something?! hehe.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 19 Oct 2004 20:23

Yes, and Paul Nicholls is on BBC1!..

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 19 Oct 2004 20:43

Bad planning from the Beeb me thinks - fancy scheduling two progs like that at the same time?? Doh!!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 19 Oct 2004 20:46

Thats what video recorders are for..........to straighten out programming cockups!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 19 Oct 2004 20:50

Bob - too rite! only trouble there is if you're on Telewest digital you cant watch another channel if you're recording :(( Just have to miss one of them I guess, cos I am recording the 'Who are you' episodes and the analogue signal is rubbish after the luxury of digital............

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 19 Oct 2004 20:52

I'm recording Who Do You Think You Are too.... but what if we didn't have video recorders?! The trauma of that decision! hehe

Sand

Sand Report 19 Oct 2004 20:53

Don't tell me Little Britain's back on too?! Honestly, there's never anything on telly that grabs me but tonight at 9 pm, there's Wife Swap, West Wing (on E4--fortunately repeated later), Who do you Think You Are? and now Little Britain! It's like the number 5 bus--nothing comes for ages, then they all come at once!

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2004 21:59

Have taped the Family History prog, and sat and watched Little Britain with hubby and son. Hilarious! Except there was a 'sick' sketch which I had to turn my face away from. But apart from that it was brilliant as usual :))))