General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alfie Remake

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 19 Oct 2004 22:54

what do you think about Jude Law playing Alfie in the remake?

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2004 22:57

Joy - Oceans Eleven ? I haven't seen Alfie (don;t think I've seen the original either actually !!), so can't comment, but on the whole I do wish they wouldn't do this. They murdered Planet of the Apes (Tim Burton, hang your head in shame), and althoug the new Italian Job film was better than I suspected it would be... it wasn't the Italian Job !!

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 19 Oct 2004 23:01

Never seen a re-make better than the first. Although my kids prefer the 2nd Italian Job (son likes the newer cars better and daughter has a crush on the new charlie!!) The original is by far surpeior "Your only supposed to blow the blood doors off" Classic. Think that was listed as the best line from a movie ever. Don't think a line from the new one will top the list in 30 years time. Kxx

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 19 Oct 2004 23:03

Seen the original Alfie umpteen times, could not watch a remake though. How can they portray what it was like in late 50's, early 60's to what you can have done now? emotions and acceptability are completely different now! Plus I would keep expecting Michael to walk in! (and not many people know that!!)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 19 Oct 2004 23:19

Jude Law is gorgeous

Elaine

Elaine Report 19 Oct 2004 23:53

For me there will only be one Alfie - Michael Caine.The character was unique and so was the actor. Elaine x.

Pat

Pat Report 20 Oct 2004 11:48

I don't think I would like the new Alfie no matter how gorgeous the lead man is. My mum is actually annoyed that they had the cheek to remake another Michael Caine film. Cilla Black had the british hit with it but Dionne Warwick sang it. For the film it was Cher who sang the song Produced by her then husband the late Sonny. I havent seen the remake to the Italian Job either I dont want to. Ah well must be getting too old for changes. LOL Pat x