General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Crossed fingers and prayers please - update

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Oct 2004 22:37

Thank you to everyone who kept my mum Carolyn in their prayers over the last few days. The operation seems to have gone well - I suppose we'll know more when they get her out of bed tomorrow! After a day of sickness and feeling very disoriented she was sitting up eating her lunch when I went to see her earlier. So than you again for all your lovely messages. Love Eleanor xxx I know I haven't been around on the boards much lately, I have been looking in but not really getting involved too much as life has been pretty hectic recently. But please can ask you all to keep your fingers and toes crossed and say a big prayer for my mum Carolyn who is having her hip replacement op in the morning. She has been through so much in the last 10 months with illness and the loss of my dear sister Penny last December (about which so many of you were so kind). She really deserves for it all to go really well and for her to be restored to comfortable walking and independence once again. Thank you Love Eleanor

JG70

JG70 Report 20 Oct 2004 22:39

I'll say a prayer for her and you family. Best wishes

Joy

Joy Report 20 Oct 2004 22:40

I shall. Joy

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 20 Oct 2004 22:43

I have absolutely everything crossed for your Ma!! Let us know how it goes!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Oct 2004 22:50

Carolyn, all the best wishes in the world, to you in your hour of need.............bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Oct 2004 22:50

Thank you all, I'd forgotten just how amazing everyone on here really is! Diana, please watch yourself, I don't want any injuries on our account! Of course I'll let everyone know how it all goes. I'll have to get to bed pretty soon as I'm driving to Epsom at 5.30am to be there when Mum goes in. Hope the rain stops before then. Night night and thanks again. Love Eleanor x

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Oct 2004 22:52

Hi Eleanor and Tony, I don't think we've met before, but I'd like to wish your mum a successful operation and love to you all. Mandy :)

Florence

Florence Report 20 Oct 2004 22:54

Eleanor, Keep positive and remember, that today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday and all will be well, my love to you and your mum, Carolyn. You and your mum will be in my prayers tonight . Look forward to hearing that all went well. God Bless.

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 20 Oct 2004 23:00

she'll be in my prayers too take care tina xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Oct 2004 23:03

And she will be in mine. God bless, Jim

Heather

Heather Report 20 Oct 2004 23:14

Hi Eleanor My thoughts and prayers will be with your mum tomorrow. My mum had a hip replacement operation about 4 years ago which was difficult and painful for her but a vast improvement from the pain she'd suffered previously. Heather

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 21 Oct 2004 20:08

Have just seen this thread, hoping all went well with Mum's op, sending her best wishes for the future, Take care Carolyn!.

M&M

M&M Report 21 Oct 2004 20:22

hope your mums operation went well,you are in my prayers ,maureen

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 21 Oct 2004 20:28

hope it all goes well lou xx

Anthony

Anthony Report 21 Oct 2004 20:53

we have not met before but my thoughts are with you

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 21 Oct 2004 21:12

hi carolyn i hope your op goes well tomorrow hun i will be thinking of you love and hugs susie

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 21 Oct 2004 21:16

From one Carolyn to another I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you'll soon be up and about again and free from pain. All the best Carolyn