General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

freak weather?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 21 Oct 2004 11:11

I cant believe what has just happened. Sat here patiently at the computer reading genes messages (instead of doing the housework) and heard a big BANG outside. The rain was lashing down along with hailstones, the wind was howling and one of my wheelie bins had blown across my front lawn. I went to rescue it and found that the other wheelie bin was lodged against the side of my zafira(car). On removing it there's a couple of dents from the b...... bin. I cant belive that the wind was so strong to dislodge two wheelie bins from between my car and the house (we have a drive) and damage my car. Ive now got to tell my other half that the car was attacked by a rogue wheelie bin ( no I haven't been drinking)!!!!!!!!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 21 Oct 2004 11:12

um Oh Dear!! good luck !! lol xxxx

Suzy

Suzy Report 21 Oct 2004 11:30

Sorry to hear that Ellen. The weather here in SE London is absolutely fabulous! Not a cloud in the sky and rather warm.

Speedy

Speedy Report 21 Oct 2004 11:33

Oooh dear Ellen, hope the other half belives you, the weather her in Exeter is very changeable one min its raining cats 'n' dogs the next min sun shining!!!!!! Bev

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 21 Oct 2004 11:36

How awful.... i once had a motorbike blown onto my car, damaging it big time.... they were both parked up and the wind just caught the bike and blew it over!! Not good and the insurance company took some persuading!! :O)

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 21 Oct 2004 14:47

Once I was parked in Tescos on a v windy day and an empty trolley blew across the car park. I saw it. It hit my car and left a huge dent. Tescos paid up for the repairs to the tune of about 300 quid! Maz. XX