General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FUND RAISEING IDEAS NEEDED!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 21 Oct 2004 21:27

Ive been made chairperson of my daughters jr school pta.im in desperate need of ideas to raise funds for the school.we have regular discos and cake sales.Any ideas any one? Debbie

Carole

Carole Report 21 Oct 2004 21:31

Sell a quiz sheet (like the one we are doing on Maz's thread). Charge £1 for each sheet with a first prize of £10. They go down great at our school - and the only outlay you have is photocopying the quiz sheets, and the first prize. We've done a few at our school - cars, towns & cities, pop groups and Maz has now got us all working on a Books one.

Carole

Carole Report 21 Oct 2004 21:35

Hope you didn't think I was stealing your idea - I did give you a name check!! LOL

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 21 Oct 2004 21:35

Thanks carole didnt think of that. That would be great maz if you dont mind,thank you. Debs

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 21 Oct 2004 21:37

Cheers maz

mo

mo Report 21 Oct 2004 21:51

hi in our school we have a hundred club we all pick a number and pay a pound once a mth three numbers are drawn 1st,2nd and 3rd half the proceeds go to school rest is split for the winners

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 21 Oct 2004 22:34

thats a good one maureen ill look into that.thank you. Debs.

Ginny

Ginny Report 22 Oct 2004 01:06

I am secretary of my daughter's PTA and last year we had a 'hamper day' where the children could come to school in their own clothes if they brought in an item suitable for a christmas hamper. We then made up 6 fabulous hampers and raffled them - we made £450 - not bad for a school of 150 children!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Oct 2004 07:04

My grandson's school has Easter and Christmas bazaars. The next one will have usual cake stall, (they send a small paper plate home a few days before with a sticky label asking that it be filled with cakes or biscuits suitable for sale and apparently this has increased donations alot) Also there will be face painting, spin the wheel (for adults as they get alcohol), second hand uniform, toys, books, children's tombola, adults tombola, bottle stall.Some sort of treasure map with straws in pegboard. Train stations, about 6 I think are sold for each journey of a toy train. The nearest station wins a percentage of the takings. They find that several lowpriced competitions etc work out more productive than more expensive 'posher' ones. For refreshments bacon rolls are popular and mince pies and tea/coffee. There is always a themed competition for all children. They bring their offering on the day and that means parents/family have to come along as well. There have been Design a Christmas card, a Christmas stocking or hanging mobile on previous years.Small prize for winners and token gift to all entrants. Christmas event always has 'Name a soft toy'( This year's Teddy is sitting on my table as I write, they have also had a penguin and a dog in the past) They find 10am to 2pm seems to work as people still have time for other activities on that day. Wine and wisdom nights are popular too. They have ploughmans supper at these usually. Race nights are another event, - think you 'buy' horses and then race them. Not been to that evening so unsure how it works. My daughter is on PTA committee, feel free to e mail if you think we can help you.

Mags

Mags Report 22 Oct 2004 07:16

How about a 'promise auction' ? People bid for so many hours of baby sitting, gardening, decorating etc. or one offs like knitting, sewing, cake making, catering a party or even help clearing out a garage! So many parents often have skills they could offer and the bid is based on a labour only basis - materials supplied by the bidder. Magsx

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 23 Oct 2004 15:46

thank you ginny the hamper day sounds like a great idea,very simple and raises a lot for school funds .cheers. Debbie

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 23 Oct 2004 15:49

Wow Gwyneth,so many ideas,thank you very much,may well take you up on your offer to e.mail you if you dont mind. thank you. Debbie

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 23 Oct 2004 15:52

Hi M G M, the jar idea sounds good and ill certainly have a look at that website,cant wait to go back after half term with all these ideas. thank you. Debbie

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 23 Oct 2004 16:19

Hi Debbie A quick fund raiser is to have a Litre bottle of Spirits which hopefully someone has donated and then roll pound coins at it and the one that comes the nearest is the Winner Last year it raised £56 and this year it raised £60 for our junior football team. I donate the Bottle Bren

nanny Bunchkin

nanny Bunchkin Report 23 Oct 2004 16:48

Thanks Brenda,thats a good idea,ill see if our local wine store will donate a bottle of spirits for me. cheers.Debbie