General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

am i a grass if i call the cops-update

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 22 Oct 2004 10:54

while driving home from my mums a car came up behind me doing well over the speed limit and so just to annoy i kept to the speed limit well he then over took me and sped off so fast and as he neared the shops he had to swerve alittle boy on his bike and the driver ended up on the otherside of the road to avoid him i took his registration cos he annoyed and angered me and the thing is he has just passed his test and p platers as we call them can loose their license if caught or grassed up to the police so should i or not cos if it was my son i would want to know someone had told on him

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 22 Oct 2004 10:57

yep Kylie i would,spically if he had to avoid a child, Karen

Trish

Trish Report 22 Oct 2004 11:01

Call the police Kylie. He was lucky this time but what about the next time?

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 22 Oct 2004 11:06

Call the police. It's not being a grass it's common sense (civic duty, community spirit??), you may just save another life. This person obviously needs to learn the hard way about driving sensibly - I believe that a large majority of serious accidents are caused by young men who have just passed their test and think their invincible and immortal. Unfortunately it always seems to be the innocent bystander that pays the ultimate price. Kxx

Speedy

Speedy Report 22 Oct 2004 11:09

think, if it was your boy would you want some one to grass him up to make it a safer place for your kids..yes well then call the cops :) Bev

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 22 Oct 2004 11:15

Call the Police, you could end up saving someones life! xxx

Fairy

Fairy Report 22 Oct 2004 11:42

No, of course you are not a grass. He's not suddenly going to stop driving like that unless he has a wake up call. You'd be doing him a favour. Jo.

Lucky

Lucky Report 22 Oct 2004 11:49

I think I would, you saying he has his p plates would sway it for me. Obviously hasn't the sense to drive properly. Diane

Philip

Philip Report 22 Oct 2004 12:27

Hello Kylie, Yep, definitely call the police, good reasons given by everyone else. However, be warned on two things. Firstly, they may not do anything to follow it up, or may decide there isn't sufficient evidence (your word against his) to bring him to court with a fair chance of a conviction. Secondly, if they do bring him to court, he may have a good solicitor who will twist everytning you say in evidence, and persuade the old dodderers on the bench that he's as innocent as a newborn babe! When I was a student (many, many years ago!), I had an unfortunate experience when I reported a guy for constant undertaking of vehicles at speed on the M6 just before Christmas. I got his number after following him for several miles and watching him buzz at least eight other vehicles when the outside lane was completely clear. I stopped another driver and asked him to confirm at least one of these incidents. When the case came to court, his solicitor persuaded the geriatrics on the bench that he was a mature lorry driver, a family man etc, driving his wife down to London to join his family for Christmas, while I was a hot headed young student driving too slowly in a Morris Minor (at 65 mph!). This despite the evidence from both of us witnesses, plus overhearing him telling his brief just before we went into court that he had done everything the police had chrged him with, namely deliberate dangerous driving. I decided after that fiasco that, if I ever faced a similar situation again, I would simply drive the culprit off the road altogether and take the consequences later! Philip

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 22 Oct 2004 13:01

Yeah you will be a GRASS Go do it girl......before someone is killed Elaine x

Merlin

Merlin Report 22 Oct 2004 14:01

No you,r not,The sooner that Berk is taken off the road the better,next time he could quite easily kill some one,Hal.

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 22 Oct 2004 15:43

rang the police was told not much they could unless he was caught by a speed camera because there wasnt any prove to say he was speeding and noone was hurt !!! the law no wonder some people have no faith in it

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Oct 2004 17:19

Len, Isn't that only in the UK?

squeekydeeky

squeekydeeky Report 22 Oct 2004 17:30

next time- God forbid- call 999. I was taking the kids to school one morning & the man infront was driving a car whilst he was shaving with an electric razor. He was using his rear view mirror to see what he was doing. Needless to say he was all over the road. I didn't dare ring 999 so took note of the plate & rang directory enquiries for the local police station & reported him to them. They said I should have rung 999 as he was dangerous! I saw him doing exactly the same again a couple of mornings later, but he was in a different car. Was too late to call 999 but still dobbed him in & gave new reg to the local police. Haven't seen him since. Perhaps he's locked up?!?

Pamela

Pamela Report 22 Oct 2004 17:59

You should report him. No doubt about it, he is drivig dangerously, What if had hit the child?