General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Owww

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bec

Bec Report 22 Oct 2004 14:38

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've had bad joint pain in my knees (and sometimes my wrists, fingers, elbows and hips) on and off since January. I've had blood tests and an x-ray and nothing has shown up apart from the fact I'm slightly anaemic. This pain can be excruciating at times and I'm finding even high-strength painkillers aren't working. Please, please does anyone have any ideas that may work? Thanks Becx in pain :-(

Jo

Jo Report 22 Oct 2004 14:46

Sound exactly the same as my mum, she has been told she has Ostio Arthritis. She is in awful pain every day.

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 22 Oct 2004 14:58

I get the same pains Bec. For years I was at Drs trying to find out why....I have sinse been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. There is no blood test for this, they eliminate all other problems before Dr gives diagnoses. Tons of info on the net if you wish to find out more. Only a suggestion. Now I know what's causin' the pains in the body, I feel better! Hope you get some answers soon :o)) ...Babz

Bec

Bec Report 22 Oct 2004 15:10

Thanks everyone. It's just so frustrating. I ever ended up at casualty once the pain was so bad. My dad paid for me to have all the tests privately (NHS would have meant a massive wait!) but still nothing conclusive. Sometimes I think people think I'm putting it on :-( Will get a copper bracelt tomorrow. Becx

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 22 Oct 2004 15:17

Can I also suggest you get off the painkillers...if they not workin', don't take 'em. Also Evening Primrose is good for the joints, but takes a few weeks to start workin' Also, can I suggest you get referred to a Rhumotologist (S?) If you have not already? ...Babz

Bec

Bec Report 22 Oct 2004 15:24

I stopped taking the painkillers 2 weeks after starting them. They were so strong that I kept falling asleep at work. becx

Mags

Mags Report 22 Oct 2004 15:32

Bec - do you have any sort of patchy rash as well ? My niece was backwards and forwards to the doctors and hospital for ages before they diagnosed Lupus - treated under Rheumatology too. Hope things improve for you. Magsxx

Bec

Bec Report 22 Oct 2004 15:35

Mags - No rash :-) It comes and goes, sometimes I won't have any pain for days and then it'll come on really strong. Anyone know any homeopathic remedies that may help? Becx

BrianW

BrianW Report 22 Oct 2004 15:37

Someone suggested oil capsules, can't remember if it was Evening Primrose, Cod Liver or what ! If someone comes up with the right answer I might try some myself for my hand following last week's accident.

Bec

Bec Report 22 Oct 2004 15:44

I'm having a bad day today. Both of my knees and ankles are throbbing with pain, they feel like they're on fire but are not warm to touch. Keep trying to concentrate on my tree to distract myself! thanks for all your ideas everyone becx

Mags

Mags Report 22 Oct 2004 15:48

Bec - you poor thing - probably won't help the pain but I'll send you a cyber hug anyway! Magsxx

Bec

Bec Report 22 Oct 2004 15:55

Thanks Mags becxxx

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 22 Oct 2004 17:56

I don't know how old you are pet,but I had this at the onset of the menopause. Get Dr. Gillian Whatnots book, you know the one who did You Are What You Eat, It is full of very helpful advice on all sorts of problemns. I too find the magnetic bracelets very useful. I have them for wrists and ankles. Pain much easier now. Oh one major No No is alcohol. Well sorry there are some things I won't give up. Rose on the Island