General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have you ever noticed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Oct 2004 23:58

Have you ever noticed that when something in your life is causing you worry/stress/anguish, whatever you do, whever you go, anything you watch on the TV, any music you listen to... there's always something there to remind you (cue Dusty Springfield...)

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Oct 2004 00:09

LOL Actually that is very true, speaking of past experiences btw :) Lisa

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Oct 2004 00:14

am speaking more from the present sadly

Craig

Craig Report 23 Oct 2004 00:17

TOTALLY! The trouble is these songs then stay with you for life. 10/15 years later you hear a song that stirs up some long forgotten (or so you thought) memory.

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 23 Oct 2004 00:20

What about music there must of been a song wrote for every time some dumped me LOL. Debs.

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Oct 2004 00:21

little kb... bet you can't lol (please don't try)

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Oct 2004 00:28

the words of..dance with my father..by luther vandross,upsets me,big time! bryan.

Craig

Craig Report 23 Oct 2004 00:37

Goodnight all, be safe :-]

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Oct 2004 00:37

Nighht Craig. Sorry folks, just having a moment, normal service will be resumed soon

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Oct 2004 00:39

And when you bang your ankle you seem to keep on banging the same place. Cue "Love Hurts"

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Oct 2004 00:48

don't be daft, no apology required x

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Oct 2004 11:25

songs do that paul.they always remind you of the good and bad timesxxxxx(:

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 24 Oct 2004 00:22

hi paul- ' i will survive'[ gloria gaynor ] ! and i did - and bloody better off for it ! lol. still remember- thank goodness- a lesson well learnt . sue

Heather

Heather Report 24 Oct 2004 00:25

Oh dear, started me thinking now "Cant live if living is without you" "If you leave me now" "Love dont leave here anymore" Gawd, Im off to bed.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 24 Oct 2004 16:11

I can remember waking in a hospital in Hong-Kong after being in a coma for two weeks following a very unpleasant incident in my life and walking out onto the balcony. It was very early morning and the realisation that I was still alive was just dawning. I can remember "Morning has Broken". coming into my mind at the time. It has been a very special song ever since Very evocative and full of hope. Be Happy Paul, Hugs Rose

Fairy

Fairy Report 24 Oct 2004 16:13

Yes. The other night, present husband (2nd) and I went to a restaurant and they played a record that was 1st husbands and my song. Kept stum though but felt sad. Jo.

Geoff

Geoff Report 24 Oct 2004 16:14

"Always something there to remind me" was Sandie Shaw.