General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

double barrelled names.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Oct 2004 11:35

what would yours be if you were married and used both surnames?xxxxxx(:

Speedy

Speedy Report 23 Oct 2004 11:40

either Biddle-Parton, or as mom & dad diviorced when I was little I grew up using mom's maiden name Wilkes-parton

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Oct 2004 11:42

mine would be perry-brown.mine would be at the frontxxxxxx(:

Marie

Marie Report 23 Oct 2004 12:23

mine would certainly be a mouthfull:)))))as i have a d/b first name also here goes don,t laugh !!!! MARY TEREASA MCLAUGHLIN RUSSELL :))))) how,s that for a name!!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Oct 2004 12:48

mine IS double barrelled - Anderson-Wray :-)

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 23 Oct 2004 12:50

mine would be mcdonald-astle,what a mouthful, Karen

Merlin

Merlin Report 23 Oct 2004 14:47

I,ve already got one.Hal.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 23 Oct 2004 15:04

Mine is double barrelled because I am my Dad's only child.Being a girl he asked that when I married I would keep his name alive,as he didn't have a son. However there is a tradition in my family for the wives tokeep their maiden names and I am glad they did as it has made tracing so much easier. I knew that I had got the right Swaffield couple many years ago.when I found Henry Swaffield married to a Martha Dunell. All of my male cousins had the Dunell name as a middle name but no one knew why any longer. I was able to tell them that the tradition had started by Martha giving it to her boys and her girls as a middle name.

Jean

Jean Report 23 Oct 2004 16:27

mine would'nt have sounded very good bates taylor

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 23 Oct 2004 17:26

mine would be KEEP-MANTERFIELD,my maiden name being in front susie

Tina

Tina Report 23 Oct 2004 21:33

I dont have a double barreld name but my Daughter and Grandchildren do, and for exactly the same reason as Rosemary only it was her that wanted to keep our name alive being that she is our only child, she and the grandsons are known as Laxton-Gibbs

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 23 Oct 2004 21:35

Mine would be Melia-Alexander!

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 23 Oct 2004 21:53

mine would be Wigglesworth-Brown. Long huh! My dad only has sisters so no other Wigglesworths there, and my dad only has daughters so the only chance that the Wigglesworth name will continue is if my younger sister keeps it! Joanne