General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Spanish Death Certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 23 Oct 2004 12:08

Can anyone tell me how I would go about obtaining a death cert for someone who died in Mallorca in the 1980's. Although they were a British Citizen there is no trace of death at family records centre. All help much appreciated. Thanks Sam

Speedy

Speedy Report 23 Oct 2004 12:11

Hi Samantha, not sure how to go about it, but if you want I could ask some friends that live in Spain, going there very soon for a week, if you want to send me some details by email I can see what I can do for you. :)) Bev

Maxine

Maxine Report 23 Oct 2004 12:20

Have you tried contacting the British consulate in Mallorca? Was the person a resident or on holiday? If they were a resident, I would have thought the death would have been registered with the Spanish BMD. If they were a resident , it might be worth your while phoning the Spanish Embassy in London. Maxine