General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I need help!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry

Barry Report 23 Oct 2004 12:23

Hi, I've gotten in touch with my english cousins after 13 years since I last met them. They obviously are still not talking to me and I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how I can get them to at least talk to me. I feel thats its gone on to long and we are family and I have said that I'm really sorry for what I did.I'd like to talk with them life is just to short for it to be going on as long as it has, one day it will be to late!!!! So if anyone can come up with an idea please let me know. P.s no off the wall idea will be dismissed.

Tallulah

Tallulah Report 23 Oct 2004 12:32

Have you tried contacting them by letter, telling them how truly sorry you are? This maybe better than 'phoning or face to face. Hope all works out for you. Tricia

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 23 Oct 2004 13:11

Hi Barry, how about contacting them again and asking them how you can prove to them that you genuinely want to make amends? I say that, because maybe in their eyes anyone can say sorry and think that'll make it alright. Perhaps point out to them that life is too short, and we only have one crack at it. Whatever happened in the past you made a mistake, we all do ("to err is human ...." etc) and you really don't know how to put it right. As long as you really mean it and will do all you can to put it right, can they let you try.........? Good luck, Glenys.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 25 Oct 2004 11:56

I really do hope you sort this as life really is too short!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Oct 2004 11:59

Barry... if you have contacted them and they haven't responded then perhaps it's time to just accept the situation and move on - you've held out the olive branch, but you can't force them to grasp it.. Lifes too short to worry about this sort of thing.