General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It was my birthday yesterday

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 24 Oct 2004 11:06

Was it too much to expect my husband and son to give me a card, even Happy Birthday would have been nice. I did get the later after reminding them at 10pm last night they said they had forgotten. Well it's my son's birthday tomorrow shall I be a complete meanie and forget his or is that being just too petty and childish. Pat feeling really peeved with her family

Eagles 4

Eagles 4 Report 24 Oct 2004 11:11

Oh Patricia that's awful. How old is your son? If he's only young then its probably a bit unfair to "forget" his birthday. I'd wait until your hubby's birthday then forget his!!! I'm surprised you waited till 10pm. I don't think I could have gone that long. Happy belated birthday from me anyway.

Sean

Sean Report 24 Oct 2004 11:11

happy birthday pat, you didnt say how old you were ,so matbe they were trying to save you from further pain of getting older ? i know some people hate getting older ! so maybe they were being ultra considerate.

Sue In Oz

Sue In Oz Report 24 Oct 2004 11:20

Happy Birthday for yesterday Pat Sue x

June

June Report 24 Oct 2004 12:14

Happy Birthday for yesterday Patricia, I wish I had known, I would have put it on the board. Love June xx

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 24 Oct 2004 12:21

Thank you for all your kind messages. I was 21 x 3 plus 4 years son is 42. He has already had his birthday/christmas present (a new mobile, digital photo and video phone) a a great price. So it's I'm alright Jack -or Mom -. LOL I told them at 10pm as I stupidly thought they were teasing me but then I am a bit of a fool which I blame on my genes. Thank you all again, wonder if I'm the only forgotten one on the boards? Pat

Patricia

Patricia Report 24 Oct 2004 12:48

Hi Patricia. No I have to say you are not the only one that is forgotten. None of my children wished me happy Birthday back in Sept. I got more wishes from lovely people on here.Also hubby forgot wedding anniversary two weeks ago... Do you think it's the name.!!!!!!!!! Anyway Happy Birthday.. Pat

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 24 Oct 2004 13:11

Oh Pat, many Happy Returns Love. Big Hug. I had a little weep last Dec 30th as none of mine sent me a card. Oh,they all flooded in with giult after the day,but it isn't the same is it. Rose

Fairy

Fairy Report 24 Oct 2004 13:16

So sorry Pat. I think that's awful to forget your day. Your son should know better at 42. I'd be really hurt if that was me. If you had put it on the board you would have had loads of messages from us lot. You have a good year 'til the next one. Put notices round the house next year! Jo X.

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 24 Oct 2004 13:39

happy birthday for yesterday june would have put it on here had she know anyway pat have a good day

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 24 Oct 2004 13:50

happy birthday for yesterday lou x

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 24 Oct 2004 15:17

Thank you all once again, I shall know now that my friends/family are on Gr and not at home. DAVID I think it's dreadful that your parents forgot yours that's far worse than mine. PAT PERHAPS IT IS THE NAME. I HAVE TWO OTHERS SO MAYBE IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE. Thank you all once again you have really cheered me up, and I must say you are all very good at doing that on these boards. Next year I have decided I shall be either Alvyne or Sylvia and my age will move on to 22 years. LOL Pat

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 24 Oct 2004 22:29

Oh Pat, Happy Birthday for yesterday! A couple of years ago on my birthday, hubby took the kids swimming saying they'd be there an hour. This was 4.30 p.m. At 7 o/c they still hadn't come home, and I (stupidly) had bought a little birthday cake. I had dinner on my own, and needless to say, was more than a little upset when they got back. The kids had got carried away and wouldn't get out of the pool, then they had battled with the traffic. Bob was mortified! Tell you what: tell your son tomorrow that you thought about his birthday, as it is the thought that counts! Lol! Give him a big sloppy kiss from Auntie Glenys, saying that's his punishment for forgetting your birthday, and give your other half two, as he should have known better, lol! Seriously, hope they take you out somewhere to make up for it! Bob did, bless him. Glenys x P.S. Pat, I've just turned 48 but stick to "twenty-several", OK? Works wonders, and you're not fibbing!

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 25 Oct 2004 22:56

Oh dear. Auntie Glenys is feeling a right idiot because she's just read how old your son is. Oops! Glenys x

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 25 Oct 2004 23:06

Pat, no, your not the only one, my mum and son are the only ones that remember mine,it really hurts doesnt it!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday!! Chris.

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 25 Oct 2004 23:38

Hi Patricia, Sorry they forgot your birthday,as has been mentioned if JUNE had known,she would have put it on here,I know when my birthday was mentioned,I felt like someone very special,and to see all the replies from familiar names,felt like a star for the day. This site and the people on it are great,and from all walks of life,different opinions,thats what makes the world go round. Happy Birthday for yesterday,and for next year in advance. kindest regards, trish. P.S.No its not the name.