General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Strictly Come Dancing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Merlin

Merlin Report 24 Oct 2004 14:24

Whats everybodys View on "Strictly Come Dancing"?.In comparison to todays idea of "Jumping Around " Like "Whirling Dervishes. Hal. Love all the replies,Regarding "Brucie" as you say his wife is nice,but I think she,s "Overdoing" it on the "Preservative"perhaps she,s doing what it says on the Tin.

Merlin

Merlin Report 24 Oct 2004 14:48

Dorothy.I,m just talking about the Dancing ,Not the "Twits" who take part.Hal

Lily

Lily Report 24 Oct 2004 15:28

I love it, so graceful and the dresses............! Agree Brucie should hang up his clogs - which male presenter would members choose to replace him? Dilys

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 24 Oct 2004 15:32

Actually I loved it. Arn't I a Philistine. I thought some of the celeb contestants worked very hard to get some sort of precision in their dancing. I was very surprised at how wooden Julian Clary was. He appears to be so flamboyant usually,but he was really uptight. Poor old Gavin had no rythme at all,but he had decided to enjoy himself and then there were some very graceful exhibitions from women stars from the soaps. When I was young we had to attend dancing classes,it was part of your social graces training. My poor husband can still remember the horrors of ballroom dancing classes and will not even try.he hates it so much. I love him to much to make him try. I quite enjoy the more relaxed modern dancing which was begun by our generation sfter all. Although my Mum90 claims that her generation began it with the Jitter Bug. Hugs Rose

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 24 Oct 2004 15:35

Sorry, Just reminded myself for all you dance lovers get the Video "Burn the Floor"It is amazing Rose

Fairy

Fairy Report 24 Oct 2004 16:20

I love it actually. Knowing how hard people have worked and the lovely gowns. But Brucie tries to hard to be the 'star'. He's had his day. Sorry BF, hang up your taps now. Jo.

Karen

Karen Report 24 Oct 2004 17:25

I've being doing Latin American dancing for 2 and a half years, so its great to see this type of thing on the screen and hats off to the celebs. Karen

syljo

syljo Report 24 Oct 2004 19:47

Ballroom dancing can be so graceful unlike the bebopping and jumping around of today's youngsters. I sent my 3 children to dancing lessons, but my grandchildren haven't. A great pity! Sylvia xxx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Oct 2004 20:53

I have trouble putting names to faces..........But I was amazed, at the every day faces, at how different they looked after a good "Scrubbing Up"!!

Lily

Lily Report 25 Oct 2004 08:17

Has nobody an idea for a replacement, for BF? If not, he'll go on till he's a 100! Lovely wife he's got, perhaps she keeps him 'on his toes'????

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 25 Oct 2004 08:31

Baz, I do so agree about BF.I have never found him in the least amusing and always been embarrassed for him. He is so unaware of the spectacle he makes of himself. He lacks dignity. When I saw him there compering I thought "Oh,heck another BF benefit" He should really go quietly and with a little self respect Rose

Lily

Lily Report 17 Nov 2004 12:34

Who are you rooting for, now? I look forward to this prog on Sat nights, it is so glam! After the depressing news stories, it really takes you out of yourself

Lucky

Lucky Report 17 Nov 2004 12:36

I think Jill is really good and Aled is better than I thought he might be. Could be between those two. Diane

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 17 Nov 2004 12:42

Long before the jitterbug - in the 1920's there was the Charleston and the Black Bottom. My Mum was the Charleston champion in SW London back then. Kathleen

Martin

Martin Report 17 Nov 2004 12:58

Dreadful programme and should be banned!!! Really cannot see the point of it all. I don't know how it can be judged ... who is to say what a "perfect" performance of eg a waltz is? Just an excuse to tart themselves up and prance around like a bunch a prized poodles! Martin

Daniel

Daniel Report 17 Nov 2004 13:33

He's on Des and Mel now. Seems great. I think it is just that he is no good at presenting live and reading the autocues.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 17 Nov 2004 15:13

Afraid it was Gavin Linda - I was hoping it would be Julian.

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 17 Nov 2004 18:32

Secretly(oops!) addicted. I think Roger Black has done amazingly, considering his size 13 feet. remember it is for Children in Need this time, so I takemy hat off to the celebs and their heroic trainers. Sue, not Sylvia

Valice in

Valice in Report 17 Nov 2004 22:04

Love Strictly Come Dancing, and even go dancing myself, think they all do very well to learn a new dance every week, and will be even tougher with 2 dances to learn this week. My only wish is that they would dance as though there were other dancers on the floor, and not exhibition stuff. Can you really imagine a room full of dancers doing some of those routines? LOL

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 17 Nov 2004 22:57

It must have been hell for poor old Julian to be partnered with a woman. Len