General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

To all male members (cautionary tale!)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lily

Lily Report 24 Oct 2004 16:13

If you watch'Whose Baby' on Monday, the idea for it came from a real life story, apparently. Are you sitting comfortably? A young man had a one-night stand with a stranger he'd met that night, after they had enjoyed (by mutual consent) a romp at the girl's flat, he went to the bathroom and, while he was away, the girl extracted his sperm from the condom and insemminated herself! Three months later she contacted him and told him he was to be a Dad (without his consent!) and he is now paying £400 a month maintenance.........CSA What do all GR members (male and female) think about the girl and her actions? I was speechless when I heard it on the radio.

Fairy

Fairy Report 24 Oct 2004 16:16

I feel sorry for the poor little kiddie to have such a bitch for a mother. Jo.

Lily

Lily Report 24 Oct 2004 18:42

Nudge, for those coming on for the evening

Ellen

Ellen Report 24 Oct 2004 18:59

This is a truly despicable act by a mean and selfish person. There are many people out there who wait years to be able to have children through not fault of their own and often have to endure expensive and somewhat degrading measures to become pregnant. I know it takes two to tango but surely this man could have a good case in court. I presume that tests were carried out to prove that the child was conceived by his sperm. If I was he, I would be talking to my solicitor and suing her for theft of my sperm!!! Ok so maybe not that but i'm sure that this should be done. It makes you wonder why this person had this child - for love or for monetary gain??? and an accessory???? What is the world coming to? I really dont know what to say. Can you class this as an infringement of human rights? This man exercised his right to use protection and this girl took away his right by then impregnating herself with his sperm. Best bet always flush afterwards!!!!!!!

Trish

Trish Report 24 Oct 2004 19:15

My first thoughts were that if he left the room to go to the bathroom then why did he not take the condom with him to flush down the loo?

Speedy

Speedy Report 24 Oct 2004 19:18

Any woman that can be that mean to a man should not be a mother, men are accused of not taking precautions, but when they do it is still wrong, where are the mens rights in this type of case. Bev

JG70

JG70 Report 24 Oct 2004 20:44

People shouldn't be tricked into parenthood. P.S Don't flush condoms down the loo if you have a septic tank!! Also I don't think if you're on the sewer grid it does them any good either.

Ann

Ann Report 24 Oct 2004 20:48

I thought condoms had spermicide in them as extra protection, I am stunned that she managed to concieve at all in this way.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Oct 2004 20:48

I would think, that as she was allegedly THAT devious, the words "PROVE IT "! come to mind, after all it IS his word against hers?( Or hers against His?)

Carol

Carol Report 24 Oct 2004 21:31

That sort if thing is akin to male rape. The female concerned should not have been allowed to keep the baby. What sort of mother is she going to be.

Carol

Carol Report 24 Oct 2004 21:33

Turn it on its head. What would happen if a man used his sperm to inseminate a woman with his fingers or something. He wouldn`t get away with it.

JG70

JG70 Report 24 Oct 2004 21:59

I've heard of a very thick man who took his wife's contraceptive pill himself, as he didn't trust her to take it!! He grew boobs and she got pregnant. Jacquie

Lily

Lily Report 25 Oct 2004 08:13

Jacquie - you have given me a laugh, on a dreary Mon morn!

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 25 Oct 2004 08:19

Wow, tha beggars belief. Technically she stole the sperm. I wonder what the legal issue is here. We all know what the moral issue is. I feel really sorrry for the poor little onewho has come so inncently into all of this. Legally I don't think the mother can gain form her crime. There is no doubt that she is guilty of theft. It needs a test case to prove it though. What a poser. Are there any Legal Eagles out there who can offer constructive comments. Somewhat bewildered Rose

John

John Report 25 Oct 2004 08:42

Is the moral of the story, don't have one night stands?

Lily

Lily Report 26 Oct 2004 10:01

Could be, John! I didn't find the prog last night too riveting, for some reason, perhaps the main characters didn't touch a chord? I fell asleep halfway through - what was the end, anybody?

Lily

Lily Report 27 Oct 2004 11:36

Just had the news that my sister's (fostered) daughter has gone for IVF treatment this week in order to have a much longed for baby, with her husband. It sort puts a different complex on the tale of 'stolen' sperm, doesn't it? I have everything crossed for my niece and husband!