General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why are some parents so stupid when it come to the

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 25 Oct 2004 09:24

while taking my little boy to an appointment today i was driving down a very busy road it so busy it scares me driving down it and while i stopped at traffic lights i looked over at this other car and there was alittle boy of about 3 sitting in the front with no seatbelt on and resting his arms on the dash board all i can think was how stupid are you to allow your child to do this ,im so glad my son is in his car seat with his belt on and is safe ,but so parents couldnt give a dam and all i could think was if he has to slam on that kid will go through the window screen and wont stand a chance

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 25 Oct 2004 10:00

hi i really know how you feel i think a good idea would be to write their reg number down and hand it into the police if the police would back this up by giving a warning the parents might think before setting of with children in the car tina xx

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 25 Oct 2004 10:08

It's not just parents. Last week in our english tabloids was a photo of perhaps the worst Coach driver. He had a young girl sitting on the coaches dash, whilst he was on his mobile and with the other hand winding down his window. back to parents: Why do so many parents push their buggy out into the road behind park cars?!?!?!!?!? Much happiness Debi

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 25 Oct 2004 10:11

im amazes me how many parents do that with their pram my daughters 19 now but i always used to walk at the side of the pram to cross the road so i could make sure it was clear first before pushing the pram out,how many mums just push the pram out first? totally baffeling tina xxx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 25 Oct 2004 10:13

I agree with you sweetie.... I saw a woman in a 4x4 with about 6 kids in the car without belts on whilst she was happily chatting on the mobile.... I must admit wound down my window and shouted "ITS ILLEGAL" but she didn't bat an eyelid!!

John

John Report 25 Oct 2004 10:13

I remember in the 70s how the Green Cross Code man and Kevin Keegan used to tell us to find a space before we crossed the road!