General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shopping channels

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 25 Oct 2004 16:05

Have you ever bought anything from them? Don't laugh, but I enjoy watching bid-up tv every now and then. It's really entertaining watching the presenter trying to sell items with lots of superlatives. They also repeat themselves a lot, as they've nothing else to say about an item!

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Oct 2004 16:07

no I've never watched them (for more than 5 minutes). My brother in law is hooked though - he's bought a few things.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Oct 2004 16:36

Julia Roberts is indeed gorgeous, but I didn't know she worked for QVC. Times must be hard, but I would have thought that an Cosar winning* actress could do better lol Paul * She won one for Erin Brockovitz didn't she ?? Or did I imagine that ?

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Oct 2004 16:44

My boyfriend is Hooked on bid-up TV, he loves it!! lol

Jo

Jo Report 25 Oct 2004 17:16

Got it on now John, I love it (can get carried away if not careful), bought so far :- cd's, toys, diamond ring, after shave for hubby, remote control stunt cars, diamond watch. Its great..., price drop on 636, snatch it on 646 I think are the better channels.