General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why is it that whenever ......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 25 Oct 2004 23:17

......I enter the G.R. site for "an hour", 3 hours later I'm still here? My bedtime has changed drastically recently, and it's all G.R.'s fault, along with the other "tree" sites. Not my fault at all! Are you the same? Or more disciplined? Glenys x

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 25 Oct 2004 23:18

its called a time warp Glenys lol

Melba64

Melba64 Report 25 Oct 2004 23:24

I was just thinking that it's about time I got an early night. I usually come on here about 10 or 10.30 pm for half an hour and am still here at midnight. I really must get some sleep now. Good night all. Mel.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 25 Oct 2004 23:26

Thank god it's not just me :O lolol When I first started, I could be on here until 2 or 3am - and then have to get up at 6am to get ready for a full days work - home at 5pm and straight back on here............. It's an addiction - is there a site for 'Genealogists Anonymous'?? lol

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 26 Oct 2004 08:03

That's a good question Glenys!.. there is so much of interest here, I just keep flitting from one to another!, I've found that having it switched on at hand, it's like a friend sitting there, always interesting threads to read and add to if you want, I hate switching off!..love that reply by Baz!..

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Oct 2004 08:14

It's taken over here too. The trouble is that 5 other people in this house sometimes want access to the computer and that means my best browsing times are about 6.20 am when they are not around, and late at night, and... well... just an odd peep in to see what's happening during the day! Even I thought that maybe I was too engrossed when I found myself really hurrying home from collecting my grandson from school because I didn't want to miss Strump's wedding on the Village thread!

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 26 Oct 2004 12:25

Well, as Anne says - thank God it's not just me! Without giving anything away, yesterday evening was the height of intimacy between my hubby and me .............. Oh alright then, I'll tell you. We were both in the study, sat next to eachother, him on the kids' computer, me on ours doing G.R. stuff, both lost in our own little world .............. aah, 'twas the height of togetherness. Then I looked at the clock - 11.15 p.m. Grrrrrrr! See you later. Glenys x

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 26 Oct 2004 15:13

You are telling fibs Baz,you were out driving behind that caravan and having a moan Rose