General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have you heard of this as a christian name?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 28 Oct 2004 23:00

Armine? Is it common?

Christine2

Christine2 Report 28 Oct 2004 23:01

No Daniel - never heard of anyone called This

Christine2

Christine2 Report 28 Oct 2004 23:02

Sorry Daniel - I seem to have got the giggles tonight. No I haven't heard of Armine, are you sure it's not Carmine? Regards - Chrissie

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 28 Oct 2004 23:02

Daniel, The closest thing I can think of is Araminta! Very posh! Pat

Daniel

Daniel Report 28 Oct 2004 23:03

Hmm. 1901 cen has it down as Armine. Born in Wales. Perhaps a Welsh connection.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Oct 2004 23:09

hmmm daniel - I have the answer! check the other names of family members on the census. there will be arsamule, arharry, arminnie, arjohn

Daniel

Daniel Report 28 Oct 2004 23:11

Very good :-). Took a minute to get it.

Keith

Keith Report 28 Oct 2004 23:13

Hi Daniel. Armin is a fairly common German christian name. Derives from Arminius and from the same root as Herman. Aye. Keith

Daniel

Daniel Report 28 Oct 2004 23:16

I just checked my files and it was a son which was called it. You sure it was female version of soldier Baz?

Daniel

Daniel Report 28 Oct 2004 23:16

Thanks Keith.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 28 Oct 2004 23:23

About 30 in 1881 per familysearch. Honours divided pretty evenly between men and women. I thought it might be related to Arminelle, but that is very firmly a west country female name. Brenda