General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DOES YOUR DOG THINK HE'S HUMAN?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Oct 2004 13:31

My staffy dog thinks he's human. He will NOT touch dog food, but doesn't mind dog biscuits, he will only eat what my boyfriend and myself eat. He sleeps right, smack bang between us in bed, and even tries to push US out the bed. And he comes up to me and puts his paws on my neck and gives me a bear hug. Anyone elses dog act like mine?? Lisa x

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Oct 2004 13:38

LOL know what you mean, I do treat my animals like kids, better that than miss treating them tho :P Lisa

Michelle

Michelle Report 29 Oct 2004 13:41

My 13 year old terrier definately thinks he's human. If he has a row for anything he'll go to another member of the family for comfort (looks as if he's telling tales when he does it). In the cupboard where we keep his food, he also has four different treats - cookies, bone biscuits, rewards and dental chews and when he wants one of them, he drags out all four bags and then choses the one he wants, I wish he would learn to put them back as well. If he wants a treat, he says "num num" and I know that sounds mad, but he really does, also he says "no". When we talk to him, he makes a noise through his nose, as if he's answering, he also does this when someone walks into the room, as if he's saying hello. He gives five with his paw, lays on our feet so we can tickle him and covers his eyes with his paws when he's told. I'm sorry but I could go on forever about him, he's gorgeous. M.

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Oct 2004 13:44

awww he sounds like a little darling, when my dog doesnt want something he nudges it to one side with his nose lol, ooh and he likes sleeping on my neck :P Lx

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Oct 2004 14:15

LOL MAZ....And yes, mine likes cat poo also erghh x

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 29 Oct 2004 20:55

Hi Lisa, must be a staffy thing!! Our dog Murphy is just the same, turns his nose up at most "doggy" thinks, hates pedigree chum and most other dog foods, expensive or cheap, will just about eat Winalot!! He is not happy unless he gets the last bit of everyones meal and stares at us as though he has not been fed in weeks!! He is now 12 and is still as mad as a hatter! Carol

Margaret

Margaret Report 29 Oct 2004 21:29

My Belgium Sheperd will eat anything that we eat if he had the chance. Has chewey sticks as snacks during the day must have his choc drops before he goes to bed or i should say our bed. Loves yogut ice cream. Talk about do we spoil him but he's worth it Margaret

John

John Report 30 Oct 2004 04:08

We don't have a dog - however our cat definitely think she's human and likes snuggling into rugs.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 30 Oct 2004 16:31

our dog always yawns loudly in the mornign if you say good morning to her , as if she answers you and if you say yes i know its a miserable day isnt it, she does it again, she nudges your leg with her nose when shes trying to tell you something. and when daughter comes home late at night the dog waits by the stairs somenights as if to say shes waiting to go to bed, she then goes up and gets in my daughters bed. if we say grandads coming to the kids , the dog dives to the door to greet him and even hears his car pull up outside on occasions looks through the window to check if its him. dad says as hes about to go home , right then i better be off, the dog runs up to him kissing him standing on his lap to stop him moving.