General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sad but also mildly amusing..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 29 Oct 2004 15:55

NO RETURN FOR DOZING GENT -------------------------------- A considerate train conductor quietly punched the ticket of a passenger he thought was dozing unaware he had died. The rail worker spotted the man seemingly fast asleep and prised the £12 ticket from his clasp, stamped it and put it back. But 15 minutes later when the train pulled up in York, the conductor realised the well-dressed gent was the only one not to have disembarked. Colleagues tried to wake him but failed, as did paramedics called in. A British Transport Police officer told The Sun: "It was quite a shock for the staff when they couldn't wake him at the end of the journey and found he wasn't breathing. "The conductor confirmed he had seen the man and had tried not to disturb him, thinking he was simply having a snooze like many people do. "He was stunned. He had no idea that the man had died." A post mortem showed the passenger had died of natural causes during the Scarborough to York journey.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 29 Oct 2004 19:27

I share your sentiments. My father in law used to watch the news then change the channel. One evening when his wife heard the news going on and on as it does she realised tht he hadn't changed the channel. SHE CAME IN AND FOUND HIM DEAD IN HIS CHAIR. mUST HAVE BEEN A BORING NEWS THAT NIGHT .oNE MIGHT SAY HE WAS BORED TO DEATH. sORRY- rOSE

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 29 Oct 2004 19:33

tHERE IS A FOLLOW ON FROM THAT. aFTER HE HAD BEEN CREMATED. She brought the ashes back from the Crem and we all gathered to sprinkle him on the garden. She had put him in a bucket. The wind got up,he got a bit restive and flurried about a bit in the air as you do when you are dust.She sneezed and sneezed much to the grandchildrens delight. She suddenly says ''The old B.g..r always did get up my nose'' It ended with us all in hysterics. No disrespect intended. Rose

Felicity

Felicity Report 29 Oct 2004 20:38

What a lovely story Rosemary! Death need not be a morose affair. I hope that when I die all my family will have fun and remember me with affection (dare I hope for love?! :-))and laughter at a life long lived, and not be miserable at my passing.